Overseers

PraefectusPraefectus REGISTERED Posts: 22
edited April 2015 in In-game Social Organization
4jlvv6.png

With the future addition of magic we are expecting problems. To be clear the goal is not to eliminate magic only to stop it from being an overwhelming force. The over-use of magic may have negative effects on a person and if left un-managed this can be potentially devastating. With these powerful powers and seemingly no restraint some group has to be there. The goal of this group is to provide a restraint on the overpowering magic force. With this said we also know there is a need for magic and that it has its uses we just want to keep it balanced. This group can be enlisted by other Empires and other clans to stop the overuse of magic. This group does have a hierarchy but a simple one;

Position: Player: Job description
# of open postions

Master Controller: Praefectus: To lead the group
Officer: : Decides on potential cases
Watcher: : Leads the overseers
1. jon14uk
Overseer: : Basic footman of the Overseers, works with the local police force when an issue of magic overuse comes up. Sort of like a higher police.
1. WalletGod21
Recruits will be discussed later.

Bases:
Our bases will be in any large Empire or cities that would allow us. We would assist the local order keeping force or be the order keeping force if desired. We would have a main base as well where the Master controller and the main personnel would reside. It looks something like this.
ej6af9.jpg

Magic Use:
This group will use magic as well. This is sort of like an police force to prevent overuse and destruction.

Aesthetic:
The aesthetic of the group I suppose is a zealous steampunkish group. We use a lot of machines and gadgets.
Warning really big. When you search steampunk military you will find some weird things.
2rw111j.jpg
iwluz5.jpg
2cdzcsk.jpg

So I suppose I covered most of it. If you have a question or would like to join just say so :)

Comments

• PraefectusPraefectus REGISTERED Posts: 22
    Reserved
  • ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    I love anything with the word Overseers but I am already a magic user. Good luck!
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    The Templars run apostates run .
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    My dear comrades of Ars, RUN!
    Or not...

Well, I expect you to be the ones who will make sure the negative consequences of the use of magic are kept from happening. Mostly.
    I think Ars can collaborate with you researching spells to restore balance and into dealing with evil magicians. If they use our tools, it's our business.
    Sounds like an excellent plan Wingidon. We plan in collaborating with as many groups as possible. Extra knowledge about magic would help. As in the case with Ars we do not want to stop your research or eliminate the group we only want to limit the over use and hazards of uncontrolled magic. I had an idea also, we could work with Ars if they would have us as sort of their magic police.
    As a councilor of Arcanus, I say I am eager to hear from my comrades about the matter. Thought, I expect approval of the idea to be guaranteed.
    I could see where this would be important say some trolls got their hands on some powerful spells and are causing trouble for a local village you know who to call the OVERSEERERS !
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Yes that was my thought lol. Wingidon excellent I await Ars answer as for everyone we actually need people to function lol. :)
    I honestly want to help because I feel like this will be used to fight trolls so I am in but don't know how much I will be involved because I am with so many other groups but any time I can I will help so add me :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 REGISTERED Posts: 171
    Alrighty what position?
    a1i938.jpg
  • AmonostAmonost REGISTERED Posts: 111 Seed
    Praefectus wrote:
    Yes that was my thought lol. Wingidon excellent I await Ars answer as for everyone we actually need people to function lol. :)

This would fall under Re Evolution's realm of influence on the counsel.
    If this were to happen you would need to collaborate with him.
    We'll see what he has to say when he comes back.
    6.jpg
    I suppose watcher sounds best but its up to him.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Ok watcher it is. Welcome to the overseers
    Sweet thanks this will be cool .
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Yes :D
    Anyone else? :)
    So how will this work exactly will we have a base or will we walk to city to city hunting rogue wizards that are causing destruction.

Also we should use magic that counter acts mages spells be like the templars :D
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Well we would have watching halls "bases" in the primary locations such as the Xandertopian Capitol city and such other locations. We function almost like witch hunters. Not quite like the heretic heretic burn em at the stake type but 0 tolerance for those who break the laws. As said we do use Magic so possibly some sort of math kind of counterspell to Magic. Our group is big on the sciences. The protection spell domes and such. Sort of church like the Templars. The big thing is the zero-tolerance. We would be willing to dispose of certain dangerous magical artifacts that Ars may need us to.

In speaking of Ars I would appreciate it if someone with standing would bring up my previous suggestion in to the counsel of Ars. :D
    Praefectus wrote:
    Well we would have watching halls "bases" in the primary locations such as the Xandertopian Capitol city and such other locations. We function almost like witch hunters. Not quite like the heretic heretic burn em at the stake type but 0 tolerance for those who break the laws. As said we do use Magic so possibly some sort of math kind of counterspell to Magic. Our group is big on the sciences. The protection spell domes and such. Sort of church like the Templars. The big thing is the zero-tolerance. We would be willing to dispose of certain dangerous magical artifacts that Ars may need us to.

In speaking of Ars I would appreciate it if someone with standing would bring up my previous suggestion in to the counsel of Ars. :D
    Science and magic huh? Funny I found a picture using google images yesterday that... I'll just show it.
    beastiary_4___clockwork_mage_by_damie_m-d6u5w59.jpg
    Looks sweet in my opinion.
    That is a very cool picture!
    Praefectus wrote:
    That is a very cool picture!
    Not all too relevant but I needed a half-decent excuse to post it somewhere xD.
    Lol
    What if we could make golems like that oh god that would be awesome. I think it would be awesome if we could have bounty posters so it would make it easy for us to find apostates.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Heretic branding woot woot! Lol and yes to the posters
    Anti-magic golems that use magic, basing on the pic, then?

Sounds like your kind of battle companion.
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    so, mechanos has finally arrived....
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
  • mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 REGISTERED Posts: 171
    Hmm very interesting.....
    I may have a deal for you.
    a1i938.jpg
    O.o
    Ohh and everyone I edited the main post. ;)
    I like the big building for a base lol but not so sure with the random business man on top. :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis