Keepers of Balance Revamp

Comments

• CersusCersus REGISTERED Posts: 45 Seed
    All creatures of eternus shall be treated with respect, now rather the programmed creatures we will interact with are alive or not. I shall leave up to the scholars of TUG to debate upon, but as of now KoB will show respect to all but never give special treatment just to a race.
    2.jpg
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    Cersus wrote:
    All creatures of eternus shall be treated with respect, now rather the programmed creatures we will interact with are alive or not. I shall leave up to the scholars of TUG to debate upon, but as of now KoB will show respect to all but never give special treatment just to a race.

What if we find a golem that can act on its own like normal creatures perhaps its just rare would we then treat it like everything else and not a tool. Cough Shell from dragon age ;)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    Cersus wrote:

Need to bust some lore on this but eternus is not what the world was/is called but something in the lore is called that. Even though it would be a great name its sadly taken by something. On podlins maybe they are like Mr.Meeseeks which means setting them free could make them go crazy.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    spacedot wrote:
    On podlins maybe they are like Mr.Meeseeks which means setting them free could make them go crazy.

A good point, especially because I've seen that episode recently (how's your short game?)
    jon14uk wrote:
    What if we find a golem that can act on its own like normal creatures perhaps its just rare would we then treat it like everything else and not a tool. Cough Shell from dragon age ;)

Shell was sentient, even if they were unliving. I would think that a golem NPC would be very noticable, in that it could be communicated with in some fashion. As such I doubt a Golem like that would allow itself to be misused/abused, thus removing the need for help from the KoB.
    Cersus wrote:

There's a difference between treating something equally and showing something respect. If someone treats their pets well it's noticable, but it doesn't make much sense to show a well behaved cat respect just because it's well behaved, especially if it's well behaved because you treat it well.

In that respect I'd suggest that the KoB focus on Player interactions in regards to other players. Because at the end of the day, if someone has a podling farm, it's his podling farm and it's a little bit rude to say that the podlings are being mistreated even if these particular podlings are meant to be used for farming.

If a person not owning the podlings/golems is messing with the podlings (aka Griefing) then intervene.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png

In that respect I'd suggest that the KoB focus on Player interactions in regards to other players. Because at the end of the day, if someone has a podling farm, it's his podling farm and it's a little bit rude to say that the podlings are being mistreated even if these particular podlings are meant to be used for farming.

If a person not owning the podlings/golems is messing with the podlings (aka Griefing) then intervene.

Haha yeah I mean its not like we are really going to praise a computer program like a living creature or go up to someones podling farm and destroy it to let them all loose but right now we are just Role playing because its fun :P
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Yes we are really just RPing at the moment, setting up what KoB positions on things will be. KoB won't be going around griefing peoples stuff unless it disrupts are perception of what balance is. In the society of KoB golems and podling’s shall be treated with respect, unless events show that indeed they are not sentient. Now this is not a requirement since members of KoB will have their own personal opinions on such matters, and since KoB members act on their own unless situations bring us together. You can act in whatever manner you choose as long as it does not disturb what we see as balance. Now you could be wondering what is are perception of balance, while it is hard to figure out what true balance is. I decided that are understanding of balance shall be not getting in the way of nature too much and allowing nature as much freedom as possible aka not letting seedlings directly interfere with natures plans.
    2.jpg
    Just so long as you know that depending on what your view of balance is and how you go about maintaining could cause significant backlash against you because your balance might be different than the rest of the communities, or the way you go about restoring said balance might be considered griefing to the rest of us.

Trying to maintain a kind of balance isn't a bad thing, but when it interferes with people's enjoyment of the game, it might be.
    also, it's our understanding, not are understanding
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    Well what is your perspective of what balance is or should mean in tug Test? To me keeping balance means making sure some rogue player doesn't light fire to the forest destroying all the resources just because they feel like it. It doesn't mean though stopping someone from destroying a small section of the forest so they can build a home and live within it, and gather resources like animal parts,lumber, ores , magical items. The point isn't to stop someone from playing the game the point is to stop someone that wants to ruin the game for the rest of us.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Your saying that to you, Jon, KoB is about stopping world griefing. That's good, but I don't know why you started talking about Golems and Podlings.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    Your saying that to you, Jon, KoB is about stopping world griefing. That's good, but I don't know why you started talking about Golems and Podlings.

That If I believe was me talking about the poddling I started talking about them first I wasn't being serious. I saw the new concept art of the poddling and they looked more alive to me then the first concept art. So I was just roleplaying saying what if they have a little society of there own and can think so I sayed they need to be respected lol mainly because a couple days before I saw the planet of the apes 2 movie and it reminded me of it. I didn't think any one would honestly think I meant to go around to peoples poddling farms and tear them down I mean really.

The goal of this group cersus started is to keep the games virtual environment safe from griefers that would other wise turn it into a wasteland whether the game will have systems in place or not this is the real purpose not to tree hug or poddling hug.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    The second thing I was talking about was if the creatures in tug would be able to cause a emotional attachment by being intelligent or at least appearing so. If you have ever played a game where the npc feels alive and causes you to have a emotional attachment you feel sad when the npc dies or feels pain here is a good one that made me sad paarthurnax ( just saying I only killed him once then re-loaded ). Now its of course virtual but still the feelings are real.

Say once we get are pets in Tug and the ability to raise them into mounts or companions wouldn't you have more of a need to protect your pet if it showed you some form of compassion. Say you are starving to death and there is no food around how would you feel if your pet left you found you again bringing with it food for you to survive or what if your pet cared about you enough to hint to you to kill it and it lets attack while remaining passive until death in order to sacrifice its self so you could survive on its body.

So all I was saying is I would like to see AI in tug that causes real emotions to appear within ourselves and I was using the poddlings and golems as a example.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    "Podling hugging" now I am willing to have a poddling. And hug it.
    jon14uk wrote:
    ...Say you are starving to death and there is no food around how would you feel if your pet left you found you again bringing with it food for you to survive...

That would be pretty cool actually.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • The-ancient-WarriorThe-ancient-Warrior REGISTERED Posts: 45
    Ummm question does raising an army of the living dead and killing all life in my world considered tipping the balance " holds laughter"...... "laughter breaks free" hahahahaha! Just joking im actually protecting my world from rogue undead
    15.jpg
    TAW, a lot of these organizations will be on the official servers, so in your own game/server you can do as you like, but on the official servers where all of us will be, then you will see all of organizations/empires/guilds interacting.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    Ummm question does raising an army of the living dead and killing all life in my world considered tipping the balance " holds laughter"...... "laughter breaks free" hahahahaha! Just joking im actually protecting my world from rogue undead

yah lol you can do what ever you please in your own server. Not to sure what are stance on undead is though I think if its used to bring back the dead killed by someone who wanted to destroy everything then that might be ok I dont know yet :P .
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • The-ancient-WarriorThe-ancient-Warrior REGISTERED Posts: 45
    jon14uk wrote:

yah lol you can do what ever you please in your own server. Not to sure what are stance on undead is though I think if its used to bring back the dead killed by someone who wanted to destroy everything then that might be ok I dont know yet :P .

This forum has passed my test no rude or obnoxious comments yet.
    15.jpg
    jon14uk wrote:

This forum has passed my test no rude or obnoxious comments yet.

Good :) I would hope nobody would be rude to you for asking a simple question.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    jon14uk wrote:

I know of one or 2 people who might, but I haven't seen one of them on here in a while.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    jon14uk wrote:

I know of one or 2 people who might, but I haven't seen one of them on here in a while.

I think I know who you mean but hopefully no one starts anything for no reason its not like Cerusus and I want trouble its so exhausting to deal with trouble. :P

Hey if any one want to help us out in are druid order that would be awesome. Test I just thought of something maybe we could help Ars out by being able to teach nature magic and provide information regarding it what do you think?
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Druids teaching nature magic doesn't sound like a bad idea, but you'd need to take it up with Amonost, as he is heading up all the academically natured aspects of Ars.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    Great sounds good to me. :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    jon14uk wrote:

Am I one of those people?
    5.jpg
    No, Re Evo, you are not.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    Damn
    5.jpg
    Hey everyone, sorry for long absence.
    2.jpg
    I am not sure if anyone even pays attention to this thread anymore; but if you have then you would know it died out a while back due to my absence. However, I really loved the idea of KoB and I want to see it come together in a new form. Now I will not lie and say I am the smartest guy in the room because I am not. At times I am a clueless person and I could use help from time to time. But I will try my best to bring new life to KoB. My first task is to redefine the roles and mission of KoB; also to cleary and thoughtfully explain what KoB is all about. So this is my plan and I hope that in time I can bring KoB back: I left it as a idea that was just forming: I want it to be more and see life in KoB for once. So expect to hear from me soon as I will be working on KoB Revamped.
    2.jpg
    Well I am still around :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Glad to hear from you jon14uk.
    2.jpg
    Sir John is fine too :) so what are your ideas master druid?
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis