Keepers of Balance Revamp

CersusCersus Posts: 45 Seed
Keepers of Balance

Keepers of Balance, a cult of druids from every inch of the world. Gathered together for one purpose to sustain balance in the world of TUG. Now are perception of balance is one sided me being a goody-goody I can't help it. We have made it are duty to insure while things are being created, at the same time things are being destroyed. This is not simply growing a flower and burning it seconds later with fire magic. But lets say for example someone is being raided over and over. He contacts us to investigate the matter, in turn we discover a bandit hideout. We believe it is to powerful and a nuisance to the world. So we decided to destroy it leaving nothing left. Safety is created by the destruction of the danger that was iminate. We are the vigilantes of nature using its tools and magics to carry out are acts of creation and destruction.
Now comes the part of being a druid. Yes KOB is a cult of secretive druids taking action as they see fit. We are a cult so these affairs we carry out must be kept on the down low. We must be secretive using symbols or code words to contact are brothers and sisters. We will also have a main base where members can live or pass through on here way to distant lands. Now while KOB can act as a whole for the most part you may act independently or with a small group of KOB members. But be aware if you know your actions would not be sanctioned by "The Green Gathered" you may have action taken against you. Using the quote ...''me being a goody-goody I can't help it''... i am sure you can get an idea. You are probably wondering who or what is ''The Green Gathered" this is are version of a council. Made up the Prime Druid under them being the High Seer from there the High Seer appoints members to the council known as ''Elements'' for there skills they bring to KOB. Now the title of Prime Druid is merely a name to identify the creator of KOB they may still attend and take part in council meetings. But they do not hold supreme authority over KOB; "The Green Gathered" is the true power behind KOB and their decision is supreme.
While on the topic of positions let it be noted that KOB will still need smiths, tailors, gathers, hunters and warriors to fill its ranks. So feel free to pursue your talents and skills in KOB and make a good living. So lets move on to are last topic being affiliations with other Organizations. While we carry out are on plans and actions we are still a cult for hire but will only take cases that are approved by ''The Green Gathered''. There are no set guidelines all cases will be judge before acceptance of a contract. Negotiation would take place in a private place where both parties may discuss the contract. So this is KOB and I will be striving to flesh it out even more to improve its ability as an organization.

Prime Druid: Cersus

High Seer:

Council
- Element 1:
- Element 2:
- Element 3:
- Element 4:
- Element 5:
- Element 6:

Professions
- Smith:
- Tailor:
- Gatherer:
- Hunter:
- Warriors:
2.jpg

Comments

• ZekloZeklo Posts: 344 Seed
    Keepers of balance huh? Well I have a feeling I'll run into you a lot. Me being the one doing the unbalancing. xD Good luck on the group though!
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
  • CersusCersus Posts: 45 Seed
    Well depends balance requires taking away and giving, we would act more on circumstances. So say you were taking stuff from a plentiful forest, we would most likely just keep walking. But if you were exploiting a places last amount of energy than we would have to step in. Or giving to much to a already energy filled place you get that idea.
    2.jpg
  • spacedotspacedot Posts: 416 Seed
    Cersus wrote:

1. You must live in a way that preserves balance or creates balance. (For example if you live in a desert you must not take from the lifeless plane but bring life to it, if ever possible.)

That is not balance.
  • RinRin Posts: 668 Seed
    ^
    2565863-3853767-4957010%2B_3d402eb6c781d9c88cd3419c33f6e390.png
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
  • jon14ukjon14uk Posts: 782 Seed
    I will help you build this group too I love druids and nature magic. I have a lot on my plate lol but I would really like to help with something like this so count me in. This is good for my skill list :D I have been wanting nature spells in tug so bad like making tree walls grow from the ground or transforming into any animal.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    edited July 2014
    True but what I really meant by that is don't take from a place that has already been sucked dry, go find a place that has a overdose of energy. And what I said was wrong that would be more like stasis if both places were brought to equal ground. So I apologize for that, and as druid it would be more of are responability to look over and help guide balance rather than direct it and use are own willpower to change the course of nature.
    2.jpg
    Those are some awesome ideas jon14uk, can't wait to see what are first version of magic will be. And what kind of RP will be established in the upcoming future.
    2.jpg
  • spacedotspacedot Posts: 416 Seed
    Cersus wrote:
    True but what I really meant by that is don't take from a place that has already been sucked dry, go find a place that has a overdose of energy. And what I said was wrong that would be more like stasis if both places were brought to equal ground. So I apologize for that, and as druid it would be more of are responability to look over and help guide balance rather than direct it and use are own willpower to change the course of nature.

Look balance is a very hard thing to contemplate and i am not being mean just stating that it was incorrect. It sounds more like you want to have a pro nature and pro peace group. Maybe just be a group for those things instead of being one for balance.
    I don't take it to heart, I appreciate you telling me so I could fix it. And it isn't supposed to be pro peace, we work on circumstances. And you are right balance is a hard thing to contemplate and I think thats why it so good to try to represent it. Because it will make us enemys but help point us in some direction, I think it will make interesting situations come up. When someone in RP doesn't feel the same way, so prehaps we would work on are prespective of what we see as balance.
    2.jpg
  • ValidifyedValidifyed Posts: 612 Seed
    Very interesting concept, Kinda the enemy of all progressive groups yet standing for a good cause.
  • mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 Posts: 171 Seed
    Cersus wrote:
    Keepers of Balance
    (For example King (name here) has ordered that local population of (species here) be destroyed, this would be an act that us druids would have to stop.)

Well that totally did not imply me or anything. Lol Jk. Interesting I guess I will have someone keep tabs on this group. I think we may have a bright future possibly working together in one way or another.
    a1i938.jpg
    Well don't ask me to do it lol I just want to be a druid just saying that's one of my things. lol my xandertopia duties will be in xandertopia. I just like nature and will work to preserve it so we dont have a giant massive hole in the ground barren of life. :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Aslong as you up hold the rules and are acutally a druid, you are welcome to the secert society of Keepers of Balance!
    2.jpg
    So are we planning to have a base or just be a group that meets in different places and do stuff freely just with the same values .
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    The plan is that the group can meet in different places, but we will have a main place called "The Council Hall" this is where we will discuss things of grave importance. And help fellow druids with supplies, also to keep record in some sort of library. But we act as a secret society of sorts, so we could always pass information along threw people.
    2.jpg
    I recommend we wait for a while in the begging until towns start up and are seeds become more powerful then we should seek out a thick forest and make the hall deep within. Like hidden in a way so if someone follows us they could get lost easily so we will need a good way to find the place.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • TestamentofTestamentof Posts: 1,234 Seed
    Cave wall entrance that totes looks like part of the wall... Just Gonna leave that there.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    Ya that would be cool especially if we could but codes in like, make a riddle and you have to say that answer. But you would have to type so the game would register it.
    2.jpg
    I hope things like this are in the game as opposed to a mod because I like mods but its something I would want to do in the vanilla game.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    That or complex enough mechanisms/magic
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    Seeing the new podlings and knowing that in the future they will technically be slaves what is your stance about them. I think we should free all the podlings from their seed overlords but only if they are miss treated/ tortured. I think having them help out and build stuff with you should be fine but what do you think.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • ValidifyedValidifyed Posts: 612 Seed
    It certainly sounds cool, at least if podlings have intelligent enough AI, I mean, you can save villagers from players in MC for a bit of RP. But in the end, whats the point? They will just say "Hurr" and wonder off into the nearest pool of lava.
    Yeah I hope they make the AI for creatures a little smarter than just random walking around and avoiding danger see thats what I mean if they are brainless then I don't care but if they add "emotion" to the creatures of Tug then I will care I just want them to be interesting and not just something to kill because I can I want it to be something cool and fun to have around so I can protect it.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Well correct me if I am wrong but podlings are organic creatures correct, not constructed by seedlings right?
    2.jpg
    From what we know I believe so yes. although I dont know but speaking of golems I think they should be treated right also even though they are not made from flesh they are still creatures of eternus. and play a part in balance.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    I agree all creatures of eternus shall be treated equally!
    2.jpg
    Cersus wrote:
    I agree all creatures of eternus shall be treated equally!

Equally in the since of high respect.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    jon14uk wrote:
    Seeing the new podlings and knowing that in the future they will technically be slaves what is your stance about them. I think we should free all the podlings from their seed overlords but only if they are miss treated/ tortured. I think having them help out and build stuff with you should be fine but what do you think.....

....From what we know I believe so yes. although I dont know but speaking of golems I think they should be treated right also even though they are not made from flesh they are still creatures of eternus. and play a part in balance.

From what I understand of the Golems in TUG, they are unliving constructs following a set of commands imparted into them by seeds (probably as an object with runes on it), and unless someone can program it sufficiently to actually function in such a way as to be construed as sentient then usage (and upkeep) of them is up to the programmer/owner.

Podlings, being actual alive entities, are a bit different, but they're more like House-Elves (from what I understand of Podlings), so while mistreatment of them ie griefing of other players podlings, potential neglect (if Podlings require resources to maintain themselves, I do not know if this is a thing yet) should be something to be acted on, if the podlings are operating efficiently in good working conditions (depending on the task) then they should just be left alone.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • I feel like TUG is going to start its own religion, and a free the podlings organization. This is why I supported it on kickstarter XD
    18.jpg
    I would rather hope that KoB doesn't turn into S.P.E.W.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png