Tech?

IntenseWizardryIntenseWizardry REGISTERED Posts: 7
edited July 2014 in Lore & Theories
Hello! My first question is: Even though we didn't reach 300,000 dollars, will we still eventually get alchemy?
The second one is: What do you guys think about tech? Has anyone played tekkit or ftb in minecraft? What if we could get some type of magical technology like that in TUG? Thanks!

Comments

• NekochuNekochu REGISTERED Posts: 244 Developer
    I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised with the next update...
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux
  • IntenseWizardryIntenseWizardry REGISTERED Posts: 7
    When and what is that next update you speak of? :D
    Or can you not tell us? :(
  • ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    Or can you not tell us? :(
    I think some form of magic will be involved.
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    Hello! My first question is: Even though we didn't reach 300,000 dollars, will we still eventually get alchemy?
    The second one is: What do you guys think about tech? Has anyone played tekkit or ftb in minecraft? What if we could get some type of magical technology like that in TUG? Thanks!

It was hit. They continued the funding of stretch goals after kick starter ended. So everything after just kept adding it up and we hit the 300k no to long after. I cant find it for you but i remember the picture which is a stove like contraption. Also the goals have been changed around too so they are no longer in the same order.

Edit: found it. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ne ... sts/505882

the picture is not on kickstarter but the massively article has it http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06/10 ... s-alchemy/
    alchemyscenesm.jpg
    Did we reach "Advanced Civilization"?
    What about the core, the shadow world, and so on? Will those be added?

Edit: Sigh, its a real shame I missed out on the moa, mask, and (thaumcraft) wisp. Hands down epic.
    Did we reach "Advanced Civilization"?

We hit the number but at this time things were being changed around and Advanced Civilizations was moved because of how difficult it was to implement. Pet/animal breeding was also moved to a later goal for the same reasons. Now since most of the comments or information about these has been changed or lost due to getting a new forum and website i will summarize from memory so it may be off or been changed since then.

The goals were re-evaluated and determined that some are harder to make than others and have been pushed down the list.
    I believe we have hit another goal but the tracker is not longer updating or gone.
    All of the goals would be implemented even if they never were hit. Its just more motivation for kickstarter.

If someone official would like to clear this up and correct me go for it.
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    Nekochu wrote:
    I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised with the next update...

Pleasantly surprised I don't know what that means but if it has something to do with magic I most defentaily will be. :D
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I have no problem with the gone goals. When they were here, they kinda bothered me, since the game is still not ready for these things to begin being worked on, so they were like speaking about building the roof of a house that is still foundations, in my opinion.
    Wingidon wrote:
    I have no problem with the gone goals. When they were here, they kinda bothered me, since the game is still not ready for these things to begin being worked on, so they were like speaking about building the roof of a house that is still foundations, in my opinion.

I don't think they are gone. More like we just don't get to find out about them right now.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I think "gone from our sight" would be so much more acurate right now.
    Whatever, doesn't matter now.
  • cambocambo REGISTERED Posts: 152 Developer
    We made it roughly to the 300k mark after kickstarter but things were indeed changed around. However, that does not we mean will not try to add those features or early prototypes of it. It will certainly be really hard to release all stretch goal features by our 2015 promised date unless TUG magically got popular and we can get more resource.
    Will TUG be like Minecraft, as in after it is released will it still be regularly updated?
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    IntenseWizardry. This seems to be the way that most developers are going about it.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
  • NekochuNekochu REGISTERED Posts: 244 Developer
    I can't go into a lot of detail on it at the moment but yeah, you'll start to see some game systems come online that would fall into the giant umbrella that is magic. Keep in mind though that these systems will match the age we're still in which is Crude going into Bronze so our first implementation of systems will be unrefined but put us on the path to bigger things as technology advances!
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux
    Nekochu wrote:
    I can't go into a lot of detail on it at the moment but yeah, you'll start to see some game systems come online that would fall into the giant umbrella that is magic. Keep in mind though that these systems will match the age we're still in which is Crude going into Bronze so our first implementation of systems will be unrefined but put us on the path to bigger things as technology advances!
    Oooh, the magic will mirror the age we're in? Me like... me like a lot.
  • LastAtlanteanLastAtlantean REGISTERED Posts: 116 Seed
    *steps out of the Mist*
    Did someone say magic and alchemy?
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    Someone did say magic and that guy is Nekochu. I really like how the game is all stone age right now because its still alpha. I hope we go into beta soon maybe after the terrain gen man I wish we got a hint on when beta will be :(
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    I think its a good idea to implement magic right now. At the moment, there isn't much motivation for me to play this game over minecraft. It doesn't have as much content as it, and the content that minecraft doesn't have but it has is not a lot. I'm not bashing it, but this is honesty. However, when you add magic, something default minecraft doens't have, then I can be persuaded to start playing.
    PS: I have bought the game and am excited for its full release.
    I think its a good idea to implement magic right now. At the moment, there isn't much motivation for me to play this game over minecraft. It doesn't have as much content as it, and the content that minecraft doesn't have but it has is not a lot. I'm not bashing it, but this is honesty. However, when you add magic, something default minecraft doens't have, then I can be persuaded to start playing.
    PS: I have bought the game and am excited for its full release.
    No your not bashing at all. I completely get it, at the moment the world is a bit empty and their isn't much to accomplish. In minecraft the end goal is well go to the end, kill the dragon, and then kill the wither. TUG will develop more and more and I will get a computer that will run it eventually.... don't mind the last part xD
  • LastAtlanteanLastAtlantean REGISTERED Posts: 116 Seed
    Zeklo, I don't know what kind of computer you're looking to get, but I put part lists together for people who want to build their own PCs. It's fun and not as hard as you might think. Often times it's cheaper than buying one from the store or on the Internet. PM me if you want any advice! I'm happy to help!
  • Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    Zeklo wrote:
    I will get a computer that will run it eventually

I'm saving up for a computer too. currently almost all out computers are macs and all but 1 (9 in total) are laptops. used laptops too :?
    looking to save up for my families first windows desktop
    Zeklo, I don't know what kind of computer you're looking to get, but I put part lists together for people who want to build their own PCs. It's fun and not as hard as you might think. Often times it's cheaper than buying one from the store or on the Internet. PM me if you want any advice! I'm happy to help!

Yeh, I know some people who have built their own PCs. My best friends cousin for example!
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.

Maybe you should make a thread in offtopic about building a pc that can run TUG for the lowest price. Keep the thread on topic and help out people who are in the same boat.