Yugscast

2»

Comments

• CersusCersus REGISTERED Posts: 45 Seed
    I agree with you Link, and at the very least for this time they are invester is getting something instead of nothing.
    2.jpg
  • redakdalredakdal REGISTERED Posts: 8
    Cersus wrote:
    I agree with you Link, and at the very least for this time they are invester is getting something instead of nothing.

I mean yea, I understand, don't get me wrong, at the same time the fans and/kickstarter really didn't ask for something to make up for the kickstarter, all I really wanted was answers, like were did my 25$ actually go and what went wrong? I was just as shocked as some of the TUG kickstarters, because I really thought it would be more years of the game being in limbo. none the less, yogscast and nerdkingdom were totally awesome about the affair, so I trust there judgement
    diggy diggy hole
  • LinkLink REGISTERED Posts: 62
    redakdal wrote:
    Cersus wrote:

I mean yea, I understand, don't get me wrong, at the same time the fans and/kickstarter really didn't ask for something to make up for the kickstarter, all I really wanted was answers, like were did my 25$ actually go and what went wrong? I was just as shocked as some of the TUG kickstarters, because I really thought it would be more years of the game being in limbo. none the less, yogscast and nerdkingdom were totally awesome about the affair, so I trust there judgement

Here read this article http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/25/5937013/yogscast-kickstarter-yogventures-tug-nerd-kingdom by polygon, there's some info about what happened to Yogscast, and a link to a blog that should have even more details.
    Link wrote:
    redakdal wrote:
    Cersus wrote:

Here read this article http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/25/5937013/yogscast-kickstarter-yogventures-tug-nerd-kingdom by polygon, there's some info about what happened to Yogscast, and a link to a blog that should have even more details.

while I know alot from lewis emails and the forums, this helped me understand a bit more

The article tells me nerdkingdom put alot of effort into researching beforehand, nerdkingdom seems like they are more well equipped for a project such as TUG. "Constant communication and transparency," is what winterkewl games and the yogscast really lacked, all of what was going on, like the lead graphics designer, the 6 man team, and the game was very much held a secret until last week. unlike TUG, the yogventures game was pretty much "we will let you know more when we have something" don't get me wrong, winterkewl was great, but it would be 5 months before a real update on the game of any kind would be told, and 5 months is just too long, 2 years was too long for a game that was supposed to be 50% complete, heck tug is in what Alpha? it has more stuff then yogventures did, and yogventures was in beta.

but correct me if I am wrong, from what the emails and media tell me, the yogscast is partnering up with nerdkingdom , and hoping to cover the media aspect of it, I really think lewis wanted to do the yogventures kickstater, but didn't actually want to dip into anything too technical. again my only hunch is he really thought kris vale would be able to do the game without too much input

this time around, it seems that this is exactly it, with doing videos, and giving away free stuff, it seems like the deal is that the yogscast will do gameplay videos, and not meddle in the development of the game

but again correct me if I am wrong, this is what the impression I am getting out of all this
    diggy diggy hole
  • LinkLink REGISTERED Posts: 62
    redakdal wrote:
    Link wrote:
    redakdal wrote:

while I know alot from lewis emails and the forums, this helped me understand a bit more

The article tells me nerdkingdom put alot of effort into researching beforehand, nerdkingdom seems like they are more well equipped for a project such as TUG. "Constant communication and transparency," is what winterkewl games and the yogscast really lacked, all of what was going on, like the lead graphics designer, the 6 man team, and the game was very much held a secret until last week. unlike TUG, the yogventures game was pretty much "we will let you know more when we have something" don't get me wrong, winterkewl was great, but it would be 5 months before a real update on the game of any kind would be told, and 5 months is just too long, 2 years was too long for a game that was supposed to be 50% complete, heck tug is in what Alpha? it has more stuff then yogventures did, and yogventures was in beta.

but correct me if I am wrong, from what the emails and media tell me, the yogscast is partnering up with nerdkingdom , and hoping to cover the media aspect of it, I really think lewis wanted to do the yogventures kickstater, but didn't actually want to dip into anything too technical. again my only hunch is he really thought kris vale would be able to do the game without too much input

this time around, it seems that this is exactly it, with doing videos, and giving away free stuff, it seems like the deal is that the yogscast will do gameplay videos, and not meddle in the development of the game

but again correct me if I am wrong, this is what the impression I am getting out of all this

That seems to be the case. Also NK is like a 25-30 man team so far. I suggest reading the other article that is linked within this article if you want a more details about Yogsventures shutdown.
  • Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    One thing I see which might cause problems is that many people who backed Yogventures will probably have very different vision for the game than TUG backers
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    Well then those people can come here, meet us, go read the kickstarter updates and all subsquent devblog posts and then share in our vision, because our vision is, at it's base, the NK vision, which is the vision of the developers, who are and will make the game to their exacting standards.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    Well then those people can come here, meet us, go read the kickstarter updates and all subsquent devblog posts and then share in our vision, because our vision is, at it's base, the NK vision, which is the vision of the developers, who are and will make the game to their exacting standards.

I like that way of thinking. Hrm...how to lead new people to those kickstarter updates and blog posts semi-automatically? Maybe there's already a pointer post that I missed, but I didn't find the kickstarter updates while trying to learn background/vision on my own. Or maybe it's just that I didn't know that 'updates' would be include ideas / goals / vision, so I didn't check?
  • ChohsanChohsan REGISTERED Posts: 220
    jalb wrote:
    "I hate that they're giving out free cookies because I already have a cookie!"
    "If I give 16,000 children free candy some are bound to get in my van! Right?!"
    jalb wrote:
    This partnership works out for both parties. It certainly works out for NK more. Yogscast's main channel has over 7 million subscribers. That's millions of people who haven't bought TUG yet and will (hopefully) be exposed to it once it's further developed. In exchange, Nerd Kingdom handed out 16,000 keys to people who were cheated out of their money for a different project. "Have a cookie"
    I'm fully aware of what the hopes and expectations are, if that's your concern. Personally, I'm more of a results kind of guy, though. Thanks for the cookie, but I already had one.
    zeN5DFg.png
    the only vision I have right is to see a kickerstarter game have some decent progress made on it, and not taking 2 years to just program the world and art

but again, TUG seems to be way farther then yogventures got, when I did videos for that game, there was nothing to really show ingame that was noteworthy, when I played tug, yea there was a decent amount of material to go over and say that the game is progressing really good

idk I don't think yogscast yogventures expect much, I think all they expect is results, and again sounds sorta mean, not trying to bash anyone here, but they really don't want to waste another good 2 years waiting for a game to make progression in some form or another

again, TUG is looking great, there is not doubt in my mind that this game won't be a waste of time, again that is the only vision for me.

side note: when I was donating 25$ , I really thought it would be a good chance to sorta see how a game progress through dev. something that you don't normally see like with skyrim or halo, for me it was a chance to see a game evolve kinda like minecraft did, but in more detail, I was upset like many, because the team wasn't focused, and development toke more time then it should have, in which I understood to a point since it was a small team, but the game in all respects to winterkewl, and in my opinion, never made it out in its pre-aphla stages, and should have never went to beta, but again thats just me.
    diggy diggy hole
  • cambocambo REGISTERED Posts: 152 Developer
    redakdal wrote:
    the only vision I have right is to see a kickerstarter game have some decent progress made on it, and not taking 2 years to just program the world and art

but again, TUG seems to be way farther then yogventures got, when I did videos for that game, there was nothing to really show ingame that was noteworthy, when I played tug, yea there was a decent amount of material to go over and say that the game is progressing really good

idk I don't think yogscast yogventures expect much, I think all they expect is results, and again sounds sorta mean, not trying to bash anyone here, but they really don't want to waste another good 2 years waiting for a game to make progression in some form or another

again, TUG is looking great, there is not doubt in my mind that this game won't be a waste of time, again that is the only vision for me.

side note: when I was donating 25$ , I really thought it would be a good chance to sorta see how a game progress through dev. something that you don't normally see like with skyrim or halo, for me it was a chance to see a game evolve kinda like minecraft did, but in more detail, I was upset like many, because the team wasn't focused, and development toke more time then it should have, in which I understood to a point since it was a small team, but the game in all respects to winterkewl, and in my opinion, never made it out in its pre-aphla stages, and should have never went to beta, but again thats just me.

Most larger development studios tend to just tease the finish features and progress. You should keep an eye on our YouTube channel as majority of our "In The Works" shows actual development process. This involves animation, concept art, modeling, and whatever I can beg our artist to provide me lol. It's not easy getting a lot of videos out but we have been doing it on a weekly basis which shows you the process of features building up towards a patch. We want you guys to be involved in the development of TUG as much as we are.
  • mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 REGISTERED Posts: 171
    redakdal wrote:

Slow and steady wins the race. Rome wasn't built in a day so many sayings that apply here. The important things here are
    1. The steady development, this provides more content so that more people would be willing to buy the game and brag about it to their friends :lol: !! This goes with the second item on this list
    2. The ability to spread the reach of TUG as far as you can because when you have a huge fan-base it assists the first item on this list.

With these neutral assisting events in place this is how you create the perfect environment for developing a game. For example take minecraft (I can already feel the replies to this) they keep updating the game. Do you know why? They update it so that with their huge fan base they, with adding new things will tweak the interest of someone who has not yet bought it but who has a friend who did. While some of this may me to keep the fan base happy it is mostly for money.

Also one of the things that sells games best is potential. With TUG's potential this will hopefully be the game of the future. They have not hardly discussed limits they have only expressed and shown work and interest in adding as many things as possible. With a beautiful community like this, this is hardly a "vision" this is a reality.

Ok im done :P
    Ps this was not an attack on any person or group. :)
    a1i938.jpg
  • ShaunShaun REGISTERED Posts: 1
    I'm really happy that my money given to the yogventures kickstarter won't be wasted. It only took a couple months of watching winterkewl to regret my purchase and wish I hadn't done it.

Tug looks awesome so far! I think I'm not going to play it for a while, let it get properly developed first. Made sure to snag my username now though >:D
  • glitch2210glitch2210 REGISTERED Posts: 311
    i love the Yogscast, and if nothing else there presence in the TUG community will generate a lot of exposure.

its alright if there style of comedy is not your cup of tea (lol unintentional British joke) but they do have millions of fans so over all them making some content on TUG sounds like a great idea.

tumblr_nagb0tpdL61tji1iso1_500.png
2»
This discussion has been closed.