The difference between seeds and humans

Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
edited August 2014 in Lore & Theories
I was thinking recently (OMG :shock:) , if seeds arent humans, and only human-like, aside from the creepy white eyes, abnormally large hands, and hand-gems, what makes them different from humans? if a human were to grow up in a similar environment (including the hand stone) I see them acting very similarly to a seed. So, what could cause the seed to act different? its a very simple question, I admit, but also one that could get the devs and the community thinking. So, I ask you to tell me the answer.
The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.

Comments

• jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    This is confusing to answer
    Well I imagine a Dev who came up with the seeds as a concept could explain what makes them different. But since seeds are controlled by people I could say not different at all. If a human grow up with seeds living in the wild I guess the human would go all tarzan and learn to live and become one of them. I dont know maybe they have different ways of reproducing maybe the glowing eyes allow them to see differently if they where real they would have different genetics.

Hmm maybe if Tug takes place on a alien planet then they most likely in no way would be related to humans and would be product of convergent evolution where they just evolved similar traits like thumbs, primate like ears , eyes nose you get the picture.

I don't know where I am going with this see I would say seeds have a different way of thinking but in reality they don't because we are the ones making the choices. Or maybe they do because people tend to act different in games and online then they do in reality like most people would never just jump out of the bushes and attack you with a sword or say and do things so I guess Seeds have the mind of a person on the internet .

Also seeds have a wisp when you die in the game; and people don't like turn into balls of magical light on earth when we die also they can return to there bodies and resurrect so there's that.

I don't know what else I can say about seeds being different :( maybe that they are a little sexier than humans :P that's a joke or is it ;)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    All I know is that this unhuman nature of the seeds can be perfect to explain any normally impossible feat for a human.

Also, seeds are capable of magic, right? It's an unique fantasy race, and in the future, when more is known about these, we'll indeed be something worth diferenciating between lists with elves, humans and dwarves.
  • Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    good answers, and I forgot about the wisps! also, I do remember having seen threads talking about the birth of seeds, possibly being born from trees, similarly to the pequeninos from Orson Scott Card's Speaker for the Dead
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
  • AuraAura REGISTERED Posts: 15 Seed
    Maybe a seedling is a human that is "possesed" by a Wisp, and grew a gem on their hand to have a habitation inside the human's body.
    I do Minecraft, TUG (of course), Portal (I and II), and occasionally TF2 and HAWKEN.
    I can't even decide on a single username, so I have multiple of 'em.
    YAY! Chocolate!
  • XarnataXarnata REGISTERED Posts: 1
    What if the Wisps are the energies that are left over from human beings the 'Soul' of the living creature that travel through the universe seeking "Life there-after", come across this alien planet by chance and come in contact with the gemstones deep within the earth linked to the life of the planet itself capable of harnessing the energy of the 'soul', the Will to live, essentially using the soul's existing Will to create a humanoid form from the local flora, often a Tree (Which would give them the name Seed), where other souls would be bound to other Flora/Fauna (Pods), the planet itself would be seemingly magical due to a large collection of soul energy in it's core which would give rise to more 'earth-like' fauna/flora and other 'alien' fauna/flora from the energies of various possible planets around it, and the occasional 'levitating islands' or continents from 'conflicting' wills (Like magnets). Thus, The Universal Garden (Of eden)
    For me, there is eternity. For me, there is legacy. For me, there is Immortality. For I am the small. I am the Singular. I am the exception to the collection of knowledge without. I am the collection of knowledge within a single being that is ME.
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED Posts: 738
    In my opinion, this is a fantasy world. I think you guys need to get the comparison of seeds vs human race out of your head all together, and view this as a world inhabited by a strange species we know nothing about, in a strange world we barely know anything about. Just human-like in design. But just me thinking. :D
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
  • ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    Pamcakes wrote:
    In my opinion, this is a fantasy world. I think you guys need to get the comparison of seeds vs human race out of your head all together, and view this as a world inhabited by a strange species we know nothing about, in a strange world we barely know anything about. Just human-like in design. But just me thinking. :D
    This my friends is why these forums need a liking system. +1
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    Zeklo wrote:
    Pamcakes wrote:

+1 Thumbs up
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Pamcakes wrote:
    true enough.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    Zeklo wrote:
    Pamcakes wrote:

The old forums did, not sure how possible it is with this version of phpBB.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    Zeklo wrote:
    Pamcakes wrote:

The old forums did, not sure how possible it is with this version of phpBB.
    I did not exist when the old forums did ;( I am merely a lesser being with 219 posts (ATM).
  • AmonostAmonost REGISTERED Posts: 111 Seed
    Quality is more important than quantity.
    6.jpg
    Amonost wrote:
    No worries I'm aware, I just needed something that was measurable and that was the first thing that came to mind.
    edited August 2014
    I love how this started as a simple thread about differences between seeds and humans, and pamcakes turned it into a discussion about forum liking systems :3
    Zeklo wrote:
    I did not exist when the old forums did ;( I am merely a lesser being with 219 posts (ATM).

don't worry bro, I've been around since the old forums and I've only got 180 posts here.
    Amonost wrote:
    YOU LIAR
  • glitch2210glitch2210 REGISTERED Posts: 311
    Ashen44 wrote:
    I love how this started as a simple thread about differences between seeds and humans, and pamcakes turned it into a discussion about forum liking systems :3

don't worry bro, I've been around since the old forums and I've only got 180 posts here.

i like likes =p

tumblr_nagb0tpdL61tji1iso1_500.png
    Looks like you really do like them likes.
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    Amonost wrote:

If you think about it... this actually has no definably context in computer games.
    Quality of what? Graphics, Mechanics, Animations?
    Quantity of what? Graphical Objects, Mechanics, Animations?

Personally, I really dont care about graphics - I imagine I was one of a select few who dident rage over Watchdogs graphics downgrade - I dident really notice it - the game looked good, thats all I wanted, not some hyper graphics monster. What let the game down for me was that the mechanics quality AND quantity sucked, along with the story. As an example.