No spiders :]

RijinRijin REGISTERED Posts: 14
edited September 2014 in Alpha Forum
Please, do me a favor, don't add ANY spiders... I have arachnophobia and when I meet a spider in game, after heart attack, I close game and uninstall it... Also I think that there are (or will be) more people like me.

Or, if U could of course, after creating spider mob, create special mod or option which turns it off :)

Thank you in advance :] :D
10.jpg

Comments

• jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    you are a necromancer and cant handle being around spiders :P
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • RijinRijin REGISTERED Posts: 14
    small paradox ;] everyone afraids of something :) and I thint that priest is better for me... but dark magic is cool :twisted:
    10.jpg
  • SigilSigil REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 678 Developer
    Not even adorable spiders with big puppy dog eyes?
    Sigil wrote:
    Not even adorable spiders with big puppy dog eyes?

especially them... ~(O_O~)
    10.jpg
    lol what about spiders that bring you cupcakes full of love and happiness. :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Guys.. U R so cruel...
    10.jpg
    lol we are just trying to show you not all spiders are evil like Sharlet and Wilbert from Sharlets web :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    but ALL spiders are so creepy... do you have any phobia? I don't think so...
    10.jpg
  • MuSashiMuSashi REGISTERED Posts: 2
    Guys, please don't be mean to Rijin. :) Phobias are a real thing - for example i find moths and butterflies very disgusting. :P

To not be completely offtopic, given that NerdKingdom have set modability as one of their foremost goals, I'm sure you'll be able to exclude the monsters that bother you from the game, Rijin - have no fear (no pun intended!)
    Thanks MuSashi :) Don't starve give us possibility of choosing which monsters appears in game... That will be good option for ppl with phobias or special requirements :D
    10.jpg
    This sounds like a job for mods to me.
    Linden-Gledhill-Butterfly-and-Moth-Wings-7-600x404.jpg
    Linden-Gledhill-Butterfly-and-Moth-Wings-1-600x400.jpg

how pretty ;)
    But yeah i am sure you will be able to mod animals out if you want they probably will make that pretty easy but the official servers will probably have every creature in it even spider and butterfly like creatures.

screw punctuation it is my life long passion to kill all that is legible.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    That's what I love most about spiders in games! They freak me out... sometimes... depends really.
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
  • NekochuNekochu REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 244 Developer
    I've already been telling the team since day one no spiders. It's not because I can't handle the things, it is just one of those fantasy tropes that needs to go away. And they are creepy. That and crates. But no guarantees, knowing this team there may be a crate full of spiders somewhere in the game. Just saying.
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux
  • Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    I like spiders in games, and I like them to be as creepy and scary as possible :P (probably cuz I like horror games, but thats just me.) I DID once have a phobia that these guys were staring in my window at night though.
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
  • 1joachim11joachim1 REGISTERED Posts: 5
    err... well i have the same issue than you Rijin i have a severe aracnophobia but the best way to get over it is being around spiders... and the best way to start with is with spiders in games cause they can't do you nothing irl... when i find a spider irl i panic and destroy it at any way (last time i used a chair to smash it... and i broke my hand once punching it (fears are incontrolable) so trust me) ingame monsters like spiders are a lot easier to handle and will help you to get over... now i can "tolerate" smaller ones without destroying or burning my entire house e_e.. less is nothing i guess
    I found a nice black widow living in my backyard over the past weekend and before taking care of her, I got to watch a male widow trying his best to climb up into the web. Quite a terrifying courtship but love knows no bounds! I was moved by this tragic moment of nature and decided...

There will still be no spiders in this game!
  • warmachinezwarmachinez REGISTERED Posts: 25
    Nekochu wrote:

There will still be no spiders in this game!

WHAT!!?? In that creepy looking biome, I would really like to find spiders and maybe even tame them :)
    How about I give you crocanids in the swamp? Crocodiles with multiple legs that are not technically spiders!

Sorry the spider thing is just a running joke amongst the developers and me around the office, I find it hilarious that it has now emerged in a new life on the forums!
  • ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    Nekochu wrote:
    How about I give you crocanids in the swamp? Crocodiles with multiple legs that are not technically spiders!

Sorry the spider thing is just a running joke amongst the developers and me around the office, I find it hilarious that it has now emerged in a new life on the forums!
    O.O Those sound amazing...
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
    Can we have half spider creatures perhaps :3
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • CersusCersus REGISTERED Posts: 45 Seed
    That would be amazing, it be cool hearing there hiss and if they shot projectiles. ONly thing though they would be a croc out of water (since there is no water) but still awesome...
    2.jpg
  • warmachinezwarmachinez REGISTERED Posts: 25
    Nekochu wrote:

And a good joke it is :)

Any creepy creature you create that can attack me in that creepy biome is great for me.

But seriously... we need venomous, think of all the things we could do with the venom :)
  • Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel REGISTERED Posts: 191 Seed
    Oh I agree, spiders are on my least liked list.
    I think TUG will have their own version of creative monsters.

I could come up with a few ideas of things which might fit more into "TUG" than a multi-eyed multi-legged monster!
    Lets see,
    Here is a sketch I did a couple years ago ( testing our a digital art pad I got )
    fbafa68cf320c3c624ec651c6fbec456-d5ftl1r.jpg
    I'd much rather see these mean but cute things running around.
  • ProBeingNoobProBeingNoob REGISTERED Posts: 189 Seed
    I believe people will create a mod- That'll create a filter like there's in Don't Starve. Yah know what i'm talkinh about?
    But, untill they will add spiders, IF THEY WILL, it's going to be a long time :)
    2.jpg
    BMOhn.gif9gF3P.gif
    Mind clicking those eggs?
  • WickWick REGISTERED Posts: 8 Podling
    What about something similar to this?

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Racnoss
  • Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel REGISTERED Posts: 191 Seed
    Wick wrote:
    What about something similar to this?

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Racnoss
    Well... there could be some D&D Forgotten Realms copyright issues from creating Driders Llolth or any Drow type additions. I realize that was a Dr Who Episode, but she was clearly "a spider Queen" which references the D&D franchised monster(s).