Everything We Know (Abridged)

ZochZoch REGISTERED Posts: 8
edited May 2014 in Lore & Theories
So, based on a combination of knowledge from dev comments, artwork, the god thread and the rune thread, and I've pieced together an abridged version of all lore we know or think we know. For deeper knowledge of an individual topic, I recommend see its respective thread. This is merely a catch-all reference. If you see any errors or something I've missed, contact me below.
This thread will be continually updated as we learn more and become more adept at deciphering the runic language of TUG. It is possible that not everything here is correct due to mistranslations. However, the, what is listed below is currently accepted in the community as the correct translation. There is a very large thread dedicated to translating the TUG language, known unofficially as Tuggles, where much of the info on the deities has been unearthed. To discuss these runes and speculate on their meaning, head over here: http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51

There are 5 known groups of sentient beings in the TUG universe, ranging from the angelic to the demonic.
-Eternei- Not much is known about them. Their life force is connected to their minds or the dot on their foreheads.
-Devotei- Angelic figures whose life force is connected to their halos. Again, not much is known about them right now.

- Oblivisei- The Forgotten. These twelve powerful beings are comparable to a pantheon of gods. Their life force is connected to the masks they wear. On TUG's Steam page, it states that blessings and boons from gods will be coming to the game eventually.
Prael- rules over _
Vaenya- rules over _
Zenyo- rules over _, the only Oblivisei without an obvious mask.
_ast- rules over luck and _ (the first letter to its name has not been translated yet)
Unabara- rules over _
Faran- rules over _
Karu- rules over _
Ayasah- rules over _
Thena- rules over _
Olum- rules over _ (Possible connection to the afterlife and the shadow realm)
Dhana- rules over _
Bhavn- rules over _

- Tenebrei- These shadowy forces are mysterious. They have no life force, having possibly lost or destroyed it.
- Zerahei- The Seeds, these are the main population of the TUG world. Their life force is connected to the gem in the back of their hand. Long ago, there existed a different type of Seed who did not have hand gems. They had a sprawling, vast civilization that appeared to have worshiped the Oblivisei. We know that at some point, these Seeds disappeared/died out/went away, leaving the crumbling ruins of their advanced civilization behind. Some time later, most likely a long time due to the state of decay of the ancient architecture, the Seedlings we play as were created/awakened to discover the world of TUG and create a new civilization. These Proto-Seedlings were created from natural elements and had their gem in the back of their neck. Eventually the Seeds became more human-looking and their gem migrated to the back of their left hand.Each seed contains a wisp soul, tethered to its hand gem.

Magic exists and will be prevalent in the world of TUG, and can be used by Seeds. Early magic is based around alchemy and apothecary, enabling the creation of potions that enhance your stats and transmutation of one material into another. All magic comes at a cost, right now stealing a bit of your energy away.Later magic will become more versatile and powerful, but will come at increasingly higher costs.

Golems and podlings are animated constructs that exist in the world and can be created by Seeds. The ones that existed before the Awakening were possibly built by ancient Zerahei. They have a mysterious connection with the Seeds. In the current alpha build there exists very small creatures with blue gems embedded in their backs. They run around and giggle a bit like children before turning into chunks of mushroom. While appearing very similar to concepts of podlings, they are confirmed not to be. Due to their similar appearance, I'm classifying them with the constructs until proven otherwise.

Wildlife in TUG so far appears to be either combinations of two real-world animals or real-world animals with modifications such a extra/missing limbs, multiple heads, etc. There are currently two critters in the game right now, the "prey," which is for the most part a goat with white eyes, and the "predator," which appears to be an amalgamation of prehistoric and current-day big cats.

The world of TUG, or at least parts of it, consists of massive floating islands held up by an unknown force. This area of the lore is rather shaky as the devs seem to have not reached a consensus on the layout yet, or at least have told us.

There are two addition dimensions/realms in the world of TUG. Their connection to the main realm is unknown.
The Core is a fiery "Hell" of sorts, with brimstone, lava, and massive caverns. It is possible that this is not a separate realm, but an area found deep underground, near the "Core" of the world. The main evidence against this is that if the main realm is a bunch of floating islands, there is no core. You'd just dig through the bottom.
The Shadow Realm is a dimension shrouded in mystery and darkness. It has possible connections to the afterlife.

Lastly, there has been mention of a mysterious "Eternus." We have no knowledge of this beyond the name, and that it shares the name of TUG's engine.

Sources-
http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=50
http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=51
http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1006
http://nerdkingdomofficial.tumblr.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nerdkingdom/tug-1

Comments

• spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    Are we doing this again? You pulled half of this post from no where and the other half from the rune thread. If you want to be apart of trying to work the lore out just use the posts that are already on the forums.
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 738 Seed
    spacedot wrote:
    Are we doing this again? You pulled half of this post from no where and the other half from the rune thread. If you want to be apart of trying to work the lore out just use the posts that are already on the forums.

There's absolutely no need to be rough on someone who is only trying to be helpful. Shoot him a PM if you have a problem?

I thought this was very helpful and informative, Zoch so thank you for that. I know newcomers stopping by will appreciate it as it is hard to find the other threads at times and catch up on lore by yourself.
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
  • ZochZoch REGISTERED Posts: 8
    spacedot wrote:
    I apologize if this is against the community's wishes. I'll take it down if that's what people want. I don't post very often, and recently came back to TUG. It took a bit a digging to catch myself up. I just thought that it would be nice to have a single post to catch new/returning players up to speed without wading through fifty pages of lore. Just say the word, though, if this is useless or aggravating.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    It is not what the people want, don't murder it. c:
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    I think the thread can be useful for new players, since it's a little more accessible than the other TUG lore threads. As long as Zoch is prepared to update the post with new information I see no reason to take it down.
    ea15zq.jpg

"Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    I liked this thread the other threads just talk about runes and its vary tangled because of the pages a fresh start is good i like this.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Zoch! we all want your thread, just make sure to keep it up to date if you wish :D

Like I said, it's VERY helpful for newcomers, because the other thread really is just a discussion thread about the runes. Not an "up-to-speed" thread, like this one is.
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    What happened to Chohsan's thread?
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
    What happened to Chohsan's thread?

If you haven't noticed, he dropped off the face of the planet..
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    Pamcakes wrote:

Hmm, no the only thing I noticed was the absence of his thread in the active topics section.
    Oh well. At least someone else is attempting to do the same; to provide a summary for newcomers. For that, I commend your work. But, there are number of threads that already discuss the runes and such, so it would be nice to reference them with links, so that people would be encourage to discuss items on their specific threads, rather than on the one designed to summarize them.
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
    Pamcakes wrote:

Hmm, no the only thing I noticed was the absence of his thread in the active topics section.
    Oh well. At least someone else is attempting to do the same; to provide a summary for newcomers. For that, I commend your work. But, there are number of threads that already discuss the runes and such, so it would be nice to reference them with links, so that people would be encourage to discuss items on their specific threads, rather than on the one designed to summarize them.
    Good idea! Editing right now.
  • FreemanFreeman REGISTERED Posts: 141
    Yes, this thread is wonderful for people like me who just can't muster up the get-up-and-go to read through a million billion pages of fancy talk.
    After receiving private messages about my first post i believe i need to clarify what i meant. There are things stated that are likely wrong. You did not post any sources to where you obtained the information. Stating things as facts when you don't really know that they are hinders the community's and newcomers knowledge. Freeman is a example of that. Without knowing they now think all of what you posted is factual and has no idea that its not.
    What!? Something on the internet could possibly be incorrect!?

Whelp, I have a lot of professors I need to call.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    spacedot wrote:
    After receiving private messages about my first post i believe i need to clarify what i meant. There are things stated that are likely wrong. You did not post any sources to where you obtained the information. Stating things as facts when you don't really know that they are hinders the community's and newcomers knowledge... ...Without knowing they now think all of what you posted is factual and has no idea that its not.

Spacedot, what are YOUR sources? If you can't back this statement up in your next post with sources and reference links, then you're on exactly the same footing as Zoch is at this time, and need to back off.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    edited May 2014

Spacedot, what are YOUR sources? If you can't back this statement up in your next post with sources and reference links, then you're on exactly the same footing as Zoch is at this time, and need to back off.

The semi weekly TUG runes believed decoded text and the general consensus theorized by active members of the thread, The lore in min video here and the development blog of Merylisk the person writing the lore here.

The follow part from your original post are incorrect:

- Zerahei- The Seeds, these are the main population of the TUG world. Their life force is connected to the gem in the back of their hand. Long ago, the Seeds did not have hand gems. They had a sprawling, vast civilization that appeared to have worshiped the Oblivisei. We know that at some point, the Seeds disappeared/died out/went away, leaving the crumbling ruins of their advanced civilization behind. Some time later, most likely a long time due to the state of decay of the ancient architecture, the Seedlings were awakened once more to discover the world of TUG and create a new civilization. Each seed contains a wisp soul, tethered to its hand gem.
    This gem acts as a conduit for creating magic when interacting with special orbs and runes as well. Magic may have something to do with canisters containing a strange, glowing bluish substance.

The Zerahei are long gone. They did not have gems because they aren't even of the same genetic line as the seeds which we shall play. This was stated in the lore in a min video. There is no current evidence linking Oblivisei to Zerahei. No offical comments have been made about how magic will work. The canisters idea is from another thread which is speculation.

Since i posted sources i would like to see your sources for these things:

-Eternei- Not much is known about them. They have the ability to levitate and their life force is connected to their minds or the dot on their foreheads. it is theorized that they are the most powerful god-like beings of the TUG world.

-Devotei- Angelic figures whose life force is connected to their halos.

- Oblivisei- The Forgotten. These twelve powerful beings are comparable to a pantheon of gods. Their life force is connected to the masks they wear.

- Tenebrei- These shadowy forces are mysterious. They have no life force, having possibly destroyed it or feed off of other's energy. They are demonic and malevolent in nature.

If you demand me to show my sources you should demand for Zoch to show his. I will await their respond.

corrected spelling of a word
    It's all coming together beautifully.

Instead of everyone breakin' out the thesaurusisosceleseses on each other ya'll could just put your heads together and make a right proper abridged summary.
    spacedot wrote:
    If you demand me to show my sources you should demand for Zoch to show his. I will await their respond.
    I have been taking information from the rune thread, the god speculation thread, and dev comments and concept art. I've edited the main post to include a disclaimer about how this information was gained from translated runes, and could change due to mistranslation. I have also taken out the bits about the Eternei being god-like and the Tenebrei being malevolent, as well as the portion about the Eternei being able to levitate. I swear I've seen a picture of an Eternei levitating, but I can't find it. The bits about life force being connected to masks or stones or whatever is pulled from the first few translated runes. It is a general community consensus that these translations are pretty much correct, as they are also what introduced us to the different beings in the first place. I'm hoping that the community will help me find mistakes and additions to the lore, so thank you for providing feedback.
    Zoch wrote:
    spacedot wrote:
    I have been taking information from the rune thread, the god speculation thread, and dev comments and concept art. I've edited the main post to include a disclaimer about how this information was gained from translated runes, and could change due to mistranslation. I have also taken out the bits about the Eternei being god-like and the Tenebrei being malevolent, as well as the portion about the Eternei being able to levitate. I swear I've seen a picture of an Eternei levitating, but I can't find it. The bits about life force being connected to masks or stones or whatever is pulled from the first few translated runes. It is a general community consensus that these translations are pretty much correct, as they are also what introduced us to the different beings in the first place. I'm hoping that the community will help me find mistakes and additions to the lore, so thank you for providing feedback.

You have not changed the lines about the Zerahei. Other things i pointed out that you have no sources for are still there. There is no mistranslation that i can see. You have just posted things without sources. Can you link the individual posts/rune translation/dev comments for the lines about Devotei,Tenebrei,Eternei,Oblivisei and Zerahei.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I'm not going to be the one who cleans the blood after this, okay?