The Fist of Glory.

jon14ukjon14uk Posts: 782 Seed
edited September 2014 in In-game Social Organization
Hello this is a idea for what essentially will be a fighters guild in TUG I have yet to decide if the name Fist of Glory will stay as the name but its what we got so far any ideas are welcome. I would consider this group to be the opposite of Ars in how they will teach about magic within TUG this group will teach combat threw more stamina driven styles of fighting that will be in TUG.

We have been told that later in TUG we will be able to make are seeds stronger by fighting and using your weapons like swinging a sword will make you buffer or shooting a bow will make you a better archer. I think if we had are own "DOJO" to train in with one another and practice are own techniques and share them so that you can train your seed in a safer more controlled environment and don't have to worry about a Tiger ripping off your face to get strong. Maybe build are selves a nice temple up on some mountain for this we could build practice dummies and dueling rings targets you name it.
This group will be Neutral we will only serve the purpose of making you stronger and a better combatant what you do with your skill is your choice.

types of training we could have
*pole arms
*Archery
*duel wielding
*Two handed weapons
*one handed / shields
*Hand to hand combat if it is implemented
*throwing weapons
*maces/morning stars flails
*crossbows/ firearms
*siege gear
*blacksmithing weapon and armor crafting
*hunting
*fist weapons
really anything that they put in the game that is stamina driven attacks we will train with.

Within the cloudy peak of a tall mountain top there will be a temple where seeds go to be reborn as warriors.
Members
1. Jon14uk
2.Testamentof
3.Nuclear Russian
4.Daje
5.Link
Logo made by Cog its his work and he did good I think :D
nJk62I9.png?1?7804
t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
4.jpg
The Military General for xandertopia :D .
Overseers
keepers of Balance
the Fist of Glory
Ars Arcanus
Purus Aeternam
Naturam Universitatis

Comments

• TestamentofTestamentof Posts: 1,234 Seed
    Hey jon!

So cool that you're setting up a fighters guild!
    It would be really cool if, despite that we're opposites, that both of our guilds could work together/ in partnership!
    Count me as a member cus I'd love to be able to adequately use the spears I'll be weilding!
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • jon14ukjon14uk Posts: 782 Seed
    yeah totally like I could see working together with the other universities and places of knowledge also share ideas maybe have a style that focuses on enchanted weapons training sure don't see why not lol. Added pole arms to the mix what other weapons styles are their that could be used.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Thinking of themes for the sanctuary of the fist warriors here are some cool drawings by some artist I think this kind of structure style is sweet NINJA's

the_hidden_temple_by_dinoforce-d5l9997.jpg
    2012-04-05(63111)_AlexTooth_HiddenTemple3.jpg
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • TestamentofTestamentof Posts: 1,234 Seed
    the first image reminds me of one of the Air temples from The Last Airbender.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • TacomanjaroTacomanjaro Posts: 5 Podling
    The first image reminds me of a Shaolin Monk Temple
    7.jpg
  • WingidonWingidon Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Pole arms.... yeeeeessss.......
    And about mixing the two oposing guilds, I say magick quarterstaves.
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian Posts: 424 Seed
    Would this group be unaffiliated from other groups, of which you are part?
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
    yes I don't want this to be affiliated with any group this group will be ares alone and any group that that would want to help us by sharing knowledge or just being friends is welcome. if we decide as a group to aid another faction that's that but we are going to be independent and not obligated to other factions. The main purpose will be to train in the art of warfare and what you do with that training good or bad is up to you we will stay out of other factions and members business unless it concerns the well being of the Fist. :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Count me in then. Seeing as I hope for the develpment of TUG arms to include subtle maneovers with weapons that allow them, I will stick with mauls, warhammers and bows! Sigh... Never liked excessive combo moves.

13.jpg
    sweet just added you. The reason i think something like this would be awesome is if you didn't have it to become stronger you would have to fight animals and other players to the death raising the risk of you being killed or badly hurt.

A controlled environment where you can play around with what weapons is best for you and trying new tactics with out fearing death to do it will be good for new child seeds and beginners to the world.

like we could build little rings for one on one fights where you just fight till you get badly hurt and want to stop then when you want to stop you just leave the ring and start when your ready to go again I would imagine since how they said are seeds will get stronger well i would assume dueling would count.

Also we could practice like tracking others in the forest hold contest and such set up targets for accuracy with a bow its that controlled safe Dojo place to train that we will have . A temple where seeds go to be reborn as warriors.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    I'm more into it given the current proposed server sizes. In the event that not all groups will make it to all servers, and these servers would be also used by non-forum users as well, it would be in my best interests to align to several non-competing groups. Still, it would be interesting to see how this group, and many others come together.

Question: How will this group deal with arming itself? Is that something each seed has worry about themselves, or would there be an opportunity to craft/purchase arms locally?

13.jpg
    well I thought about this a little and honestly it will just be like if you bring your own weapon that's fine but i will be a armor and weapon smith so i will try to keep a pretty good stock pile of all things if you use one of the weapons try to return it or ask to keep it they can be remade so no worry's.

Also in the event servers are limited then i probably will do the same but i hope so much like so so much that all of are factions can be in the same world I just see so many cooler out comes that way.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • DajeDaje Posts: 85
    Hey jon! This looks interesting. I think I'd be interested in joining. You might need a neutrality agreement within the walls though, since I can see having myself having issues fighting along side Gator for example, so it'd be good if the guild required members to set aside conflicts while within the walls at least. (Outside though....)
    Also- this seems like a guild that would work best on Adventure servers- as you wouldn't want duels killing people on survivor mode. Though, there may be ways around it so it could work on survivor mode.

Anyway- Add me to the list :). Sounds fun and good for practice.
    Yes I agree within the temple we are all brothers and sisters in arms we will teach and train with one another as friends and if someone has a problem with that then they can leave or settle it in a duel.

duels will take place on platforms what ever we build really they just need a border that is easy to escape from so duels will be first one to leave the arena looses that way no one dies just watch your health also when you leave the circle you can't be attacked if your opponent strikes you intently and kills you they will be dealt with.

Also if its not intentional and they just hit you then I assume a apology would work the dojo will be on a survival map and after duels we should have lots of medical and repair supplies so you can heal and fight again when your ready.

It would be great to have another Fist so welcome
    Also maybe we should have a code of conduct what things does everyone have in mind we could make a list of things that are not appropriate in the dojo and ways to deal with those that break are rules.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Greeting warriors I have been bored lately so I decided to make a kind of rough draft of what the temple will look like in TUG. This isn't meant to be exactly what I want and it wont be this small I just want to show what I have in mind.

So First we will have the stair way or path; what I am hoping for is to build a huge walk way up into a jungle mountain or valley something that would take a long time to traverse maybe less than a days journey if you go fast. This path would separate those who are worthy from those who are not. This just symbolizes the path
    dfmSmDn.jpg?1?8704

My second point is to have a shaolin temple style of architecture. This would serve as a good home to warriors seeking strength and knowledge. The real temple of course would be much larger more fortified to accommodate so many people and to protect are secrets and supplies.

Third I would want to build training equipment and obstacle courses also sparring circles. The obstacle courses would be around the forest of the temple or the open areas. Things like sparring rings will mostly be right outside the temple in the main square. Fighting dummies and punching bags should be placed in varies areas some will be for close combat and other's will be for target practice. There will be different courses for different skill levels. And sparring rings will be much larger I also would want one ring to be elevated on a pillar and to get to the top you will need to jump from smaller pillars to bigger ones.
    Weapon racks will be placed every where full of training and sparring weapons.
    6GkDg1m.jpg?2
    UtTEmYn.jpg?2
    YcBadtj.jpg?4
    vSay77A.jpg?1
    7QZF4ho.jpg?1?4192

These pictures don't represent the final building only the idea I just wanted to show you all what I had in mind. If any one would be interested in joining the Fist to help me construct this and be one of the first then welcome If you decided at a later point you are welcome to that also.

Thank you for reading my post if you did :) and have a wonderful day.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Cog made are logo if any groups want one just ask him and check out his post here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1571
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis