Issues with the login servers

SlartibartfassSlartibartfass REGISTERED Posts: 8
edited August 2014 in Alpha Forum
It seems I can't download the newest version of TUG due to issues with the login servers :(
Here are some pics:

gU80e2G.png

V7LezBG.png

Does somebody have the same problem or know how to fix it?

Comments

• ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 402 Site Admin
    I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this issue.

So far we've had a few other reports of this, while others seem to be able to access our login servers just fine. We suspect that this might be a DNS issue, related to certain Internet Service Providers. Our tech team is looking into the root cause and possible solutions for this. I will add you to the list of those affected and will keep you posted as soon as I receive news from them.
    -Dee.
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 402 Site Admin
    We've fixed the part of the issue which was on our side of things but it may take a while for this to propagate across the net (each ISP clears their cache at their own rate). But you guys should all be able to access your account pages and log on to the launcher again soon (if you haven't already).
    -Dee.
  • KervalaKervala REGISTERED Posts: 2
    I also have this problem since several days now, I hope it's only a DNS cache problem.
    Kervala wrote:
    I also have this problem since several days now, I hope it's only a DNS cache problem.

Could you shoot us an e-mail about this at [email protected] ?
    -Dee.
  • darkhogdarkhog REGISTERED Posts: 15 Seed
    Please try to change DNS to Google's DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, there are also IPv6 DNS servers). Maybe this will help.
  • KervalaKervala REGISTERED Posts: 2
    Issue is fixed for me thanks to [email protected] :) Thanks a lot Shadee !

I was using Google DNS but also DNS from my internet box to be able to access it.
  • SlartibartfassSlartibartfass REGISTERED Posts: 8
    I just wanted to say, that this issue still exists. I used to use the Steam version of the game until recently but now I need the standalone client, as I'm working on a mod manager. The problem seems to be independent of my DNS server as I use Google's. It also only happens on my desktop PC (Windows 7) and not my MacBook. Both are connected to the same router.
  • Auti0Auti0 REGISTERED Posts: 277
    Does the issue still occur on the accounts Login for the website?

This is one of those that are incredibly hard to track down. Hopefully we can come to a resolution soon.

Have you experienced anything like this with any other applications?
  • SlartibartfassSlartibartfass REGISTERED Posts: 8
    Nope. Everything else works perfectly fine.