0.5.3862 Alpha Patch Notes

Auti0Auti0 REGISTERED Posts: 277
edited March 2014 in News & Updates
Edit: Build is up! Go get it!
Art Changes:

- More fantastical environments pieces.
- Added unique bamboo log resources when chopping down bamboo trees.
- Improved UX for inventory and crafting.
- Combat FX.
- Updated Wisp FX.
- More Destruction FX.
- More Environmental FX.
- More plant life variety.
- Fixed texture issue with the Moon.
- Glowy Stuff!
- Added the 2 handed cane staff weapon.
- New blended animations for movement.
- Texture polish pass.

Engine/Code Changes:
- Added new control scheme to Creative mode flight. To raise or lower your character press Space or C respectively…. WASD will move you forward and sided to side while flying.
- Server GUI and admin tools.
- Spectator mode added to server matches.
- Health, Stamina and Hunger meter added to track various player stats and added the ability to adjust these stats through weapon, tool and other resource uses.
- Certain objects can now be used as consumable food sources.
- Durability added to weapons and tools.
- Damage states added for weapons and tools. As the durability of an item degrades, the tool or weapon will change to reflect its new state in addition to FX and sounds to accompany the modification.
- Combat balance pass to adjust for new player meters and weapon damage values.
- Added new gameplay altering attributes to the various weapons including stamina drain, weapon swing speed modifiers and weapon reach.
- Adjusted names to match new variations for crafted tools and weapons.

World Biome Changes:
- Cleaned up list of game objects in creative mode to support survival mode resource balancing and to remove any unsupported tools and weapons.
- Removed several miscellaneous objects/items from the game that aren’t craftable or found naturally in the game.
- Balanced the generation list for biomes that can be used as survival mode maps.
- Performed a resource balancing pass for all game objects in supported biomes.
- Adjusted the Red Cliffs biome to have Joshua Trees in order to balance the distribution of wood resources throughout the game.
- Adjusted the Mushroom objects to be destroyed rather than collected until resources for these objects become available.
- Adding Thorny Vines as a binding agent in recipes in addition to Vines until more resources become available in game.

Known Issues:
- Sometimes player death notifications will occur multiple times.
- Mouse button 3-4 can’t be bound to actions.
- Client can crash if you resize the window manually.
- Game can crash if USB headphones are plugged in while TUG is running.
- Saved World list doesn’t update properly after a world has been loaded/created.
- 3rd-person camera temporarily disabled.
- 32 bit and 64 bit clients cannot play with each other.
- Sprint cannot be remapped.
- Physics objects do not react after they have settled from their initial movement.
- Certain world generations have terrifyingly high/deep columns of ground types.
- Rarely, when a player spawns in a game, they can spawn inside of (and be trapped in) an object.
- Some special characters do not display properly when entered into chat.
- Rarely, the game will crash when moving around as a wisp (not a purely spectating wisp).

Comments

• SigilSigil REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 678 Developer
    Yay!
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    "- Added new gameplay altering attributes to the various weapons including stamina drain, weapon swing speed modifiers and weapon reach."
    :)
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    Looks quite good :D
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 738 Seed
    [strike]Can't seem to connect to anyone's hosted servers, we've tried having different people host (using tunngle).[/strike]

Actually, my launcher and everything is updated except for the game itself. I'm updating it again to see if it'll fix that.
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
    Everyone is connecting fine now (through tunngle)!
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    Got stuck in the new light plant
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
    Upon death, some items multiply.
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    I crashed twice, once when entering into a new game, and the second time after being killed and going into wisp mode
    5.jpg
  • DeWaldoDeWaldo REGISTERED Posts: 113
    w00p w00p just in time for the weekend...
    11.jpg
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Awesome! Sadly, no water or creatures yet... but it's all worth it still!

One kind of bug: You starve REALLY fast. You can't really gather anything during the night, and end up starving unless you managed to feed yourself before you died in the day, and had another inventory filled to keep you through the night. I take it this will change when we have water, and water will be the one that's hard to keep up?
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    Another bug: The invisible players is still going on, just found that out right now
    5.jpg
  • Auti0Auti0 REGISTERED Posts: 277
    Another bug: The invisible players is still going on, just found that out right now

We have not seen the invisible players issue, unless the host did not set up their server correctly. They must forward the the TCP port (default 6600) and the UDP port (default 6601) which is plus one from the TCP port.

Example:
    I set my server to use the port 1234. I need to forward TCP 1234 and UDP 1235.
    I crashed twice, once when entering into a new game, and the second time after being killed and going into wisp mode

We believe we have identified these cases as of today and hope to have a fix for them soon. This crash has been causing us a headache for a while now...
    I'm not too sure what happened with the invisibility, but it has only happened once since the new patch (we played several games with separate hosts using Tunngle, and that was the first time it happened)
    5.jpg
  • Auti0Auti0 REGISTERED Posts: 277
    Unfortunately we cannot guarantee TUG will work correctly with any third party software such as Tunngle.
    Yea, that's what I was thinking too. Only problem was I'm still iffy on port forwarding and so on
    5.jpg
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed
    YAY!! ty nerd kingdom. Keep up the good work =)
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • PsiQssPsiQss REGISTERED Posts: 181
    For single player worlds, game still generates only a small chunk of the world for me (As it used to with the previous version). No idea what's causing that.

Also, when I tried to enter one of my older worlds, I got "Waiting for server requirements" message. No big deal, I've deleted them now, but wanted to point that out :)
    “You might want to think twice before you try to use a man's conscience against him. It may turn out he doesn't have one.”
    I don't know if this is because we are using Tunngle to host the servers, but whoever is the host of the server has a reduced size map than everyone else, as in the rest of the world doesn't load in for them. Has happened regularly, but that could just be because we're using Tunngle
    5.jpg