Special Weaponry

TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
edited March 2014 in Lore & Theories
I just saw this picture up on the News Page, and thought it was AMAZING!

tumblr_n2nhl7UfWI1sr969eo2_500.jpg
I think that first weapon looks really cool. Possibly a new type of weapon? I'm thinking along the lines of a missile weapon... or a gun. Kind of a mix between a gun, and magic. Though, the magic is all in the 'weapon' itself! Imagine this RARE THING being found in the wild, then attaching it to the bottom of your spear. You can stab someone, or flip it over and shoot the escapees!

Now that axe... it simply looks like a tier 1 axe (As opposed to tier 0). Though, I don't understand why you would have to make it with a bone... perhaps it's just stronger, and wont snap as easily? I also LOVE the flint-head!

The third weapon looks a lot like the first... but perhaps a different 'breed' without magic. Maybe it's the normal version of said first, and said fist is a rare-hybrid version? Would be useful for pulling those annoying acts off the stage.

The fourth looks like a stabbing-type mace! A really neat idea, actually. Using rib-bones as weapons, and spreading them out in a shotgun-type fashion just to make sure you don't miss your stab by that tiny hair! (Maybe it could be used as a 'claw' weapon to swipe?)

Last one is similar to the fourth, though probably more used for swinging rather than stabbing. Maces are cool weapons, and a lot of games forget to add them. I've never seen a 'tier 1' mace before, and it just adds to the variety!

Pretty cool weapons if you as me. You can tell which ones I liked the most by how much I talked about them xD. Okay! Give me your thoughts and ideas, please! Does a weapon look like it has a multi-use? Did I overlook something? IDK. This is a SPECULATION! Let's speculate!
The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
21.jpg
20.jpg

Comments

• Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    I would say that these are weapons that are of the same level as the current weapons, but just from different materials. As for the left 2 weapons, they would either be torches, or magic wands, although I highly doubt wands, since there has been no mention of projectile weapons yet.
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Oh, yeah. A new type of torch would be nice. Although, they did say they were all two-handed weapons... that would be cool if they were two-handed torches xD

Oh, and I think you make a good point. They might all be tier 0 tools. They are just all two-handed, which would just make them heavier and slower (Seed buffing-up now anyone?) and cooool!
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    As I heard before in the skype chat, I think these weapons instead of slower swing speed, their recovery speed would be the slowed down factor.
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    I like that idea. I hate it when swing speed is always a pain. What if you could hold the button down to 'ready' the weapon? Then when you let go it's a pretty fast swing!
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • YmedronYmedron REGISTERED Posts: 24 Seed
    I think the first two are merely concepts for a new plant. :o It's rooted on the ground, and the design next to the axe kinda calls back the larger plant -> potentially the result of crafting from it.

The axe is likely the same tier as the other weapons thus far released, only it's bigger and two handed. Not sure what's with the last two weapons, those seem like they'd poke eyes out!
  • ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    The first few things I don't believe are weapons rather an ingredient to the staff.
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"