Skill vs Scaling

13»

Comments

• Ashen44Ashen44 Posts: 207 Seed
    Don't know if anyone said this yet, didn't look past page 1, but I think that maybe a younger seed should progress faster in bodybuilding and knowledge than an older seed, thus allowing there to be not TOO much grinding, unless you want to change your ways later on.

In terms of skill I think that it doesn't matter too much, because it would be similar to real life. I, an archery freak, who has spent about a year training with irl bows still suck at archery, whereas my friend, who has spent the same amount of time, gets constant bulls eyes.
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
  • SunekuSuneku Posts: 1
    Hello, it is my first post so be gentle XD

About the fighting system.

I think that the "clicl&draw" could be the best approach. Those does not need to be huge movements with your mouse e.g like in "Mount&Blade" games. (warning! external link to the video on youtube ")

In that games you had a choice of directing the strikes of your weapon by movement keys or the movement of your mouse while you "charged" your strike.

That system of attacking combined with a very similar system of blocking (you were blocking only the attack from chosen side) has proven to work really well in single as well as multiplayer.

What do you think?
  • ValidifyedValidifyed Posts: 612 Seed
    Suneku wrote:

I think that the "clicl&draw" could be the best approach. Those does not need to be huge movements with your mouse e.g like in "Mount&Blade" games. (warning! external link to the video on youtube ")

In that games you had a choice of directing the strikes of your weapon by movement keys or the movement of your mouse while you "charged" your strike.

That system of attacking combined with a very similar system of blocking (you were blocking only the attack from chosen side) has proven to work really well in single as well as multiplayer.

What do you think?

Im sure anyone that has played ElderScrolls Arena or Daggerfall will agree with me that mouse dragging combat is a pain in the ass.
  • glitch2210glitch2210 Posts: 311
    I have not played it but I'll take your word on it

tumblr_nagb0tpdL61tji1iso1_500.png
  • The ArcanianThe Arcanian Posts: 51 Seed
    Validifyed wrote:
    Suneku wrote:

What do you think?

Im sure anyone that has played ElderScrolls Arena or Daggerfall will agree with me that mouse dragging combat is a pain in the ass.

I think that probably has to do with how it is implemented as opposed to the concept, but I could be wrong, I have never played ether.
    Nerd? You say that like it's an insult.

Please excuse any bad spelling...
  • ValidifyedValidifyed Posts: 612 Seed
    Very few people seem to have nowadays, The game requires quite a lot of persistence to get running on modern machines. Not to mention that once you have it setup you have to spend 20 minutes playing with macrokeys to get a usable key setup to play with :P
13»