Xandertopian Empire

Comments

• mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 Posts: 171 Seed
    Random easy thing, I figured the opposite of Ars would be evil so...
    :)
    a1i938.jpg
  • TestamentofTestamentof Posts: 1,234 Seed
    Zeklo wrote:
    I wasn't going to comment, but why exactly the hint "evil magic"? Ars Arcanus focuses on learning the mystic arts not just one branch of it.

Magic is like a sword, the sword itself is not inherently evil, it's just a tool. Same goes for Magic. We'll be teaching all the magic at AA, even if it's necromancy and devil summoning and blood magic and what have you. We might restrict learning of some of the more devastating magics to seeds with more experience.

TL;DR: Ars Arcanus is teaching all magic, but we're not giving everyone TNT right away.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • jon14ukjon14uk Posts: 782 Seed
    Zeklo wrote:
    I wasn't going to comment, but why exactly the hint "evil magic"? Ars Arcanus focuses on learning the mystic arts not just one branch of it.

Magic is like a sword, the sword itself is not inherently evil, it's just a tool. Same goes for Magic. We'll be teaching all the magic at AA, even if it's necromancy and devil summoning and blood magic and what have you. We might restrict learning of some of the more devastating magics to seeds with more experience.

TL;DR: Ars Arcanus is teaching all magic, but we're not giving everyone TNT right away.

Is this agreed upon I feel like we should but have we come to a consensus. I think the only regulations should be to not steal from one another kill or cause destruction to the school . I think when we leave the collage we should be able to do what we want still no killing of members of course.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • TestamentofTestamentof Posts: 1,234 Seed
    It's been loosely agreed upon that that was how we'd handle teaching, although Amonost (who I believe is in charge of the academic side of AA) might do things a little bit differently.

You are right, however, in that when you leave the college and are acting as a member of another faction/empire/guild, how you use your magic is up to you or your faction/empire/guild.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • ZekloZeklo Posts: 344 Seed
    Yeah see that's what I said: "Ars Arcanus focuses on learning the mystic arts not just one branch of it." That's why I was confused at the hint.
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
  • LinkLink Posts: 62
    Zeklo wrote:

This is why I am leaning more towards AA instead of Purus Aeternam right now even though I've been in PA for awhile. Dark magic magic isn't evil, and light magic is good. You can't really put magic in the same box as alignments IMO.
  • ZekloZeklo Posts: 344 Seed
    Link wrote:
    Zeklo wrote:

This is why I am leaning more towards AA instead of Purus Aeternam right now even though I've been in PA for awhile. Dark magic magic isn't evil, and light magic is good. You can't really put magic in the same box as alignments IMO.
    Well I mean to achieve dark magic you have to do some questionable and unstable things. While "normal magic" you can achieve without such acts. Though yes I do agree to some extent, it depends how you use the magic.
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
    I brought up something, hmmm...
    a1i938.jpg
  • AmonostAmonost Posts: 111 Seed
    A lot of this depends on how they implement magic. Until we know more this is all speculation. Although anything that blatantly destroys, devastates, corrupts, or pollutes won't be shared with just anyone. Lastly I doubt that we at Ars Arcanus will be the only ones researching magic. Others could discover super destructive magics on their own, given enough time.
    6.jpg
    shhh don't ruin it jk . I think we can all agree that magic is not inherently evil only those who use it to do evil/Trolls.

Now I don't know how you could use healing magic for evil but if theirs a will theirs a way lol maybe you come up to two guys fighting and just non stop heal both of them so the battle never ends so they are locked in some kind of hell. Although they just need to stop fighting :P
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • CersusCersus Posts: 45 Seed
    Agreed no object is inherentily evil only the user determines its use, or atleast thats my view. But what if TUG magic is sentient and we are just borrowing its energy, though thats something esle entirely.
    2.jpg
    haha what if their was a spell or magic that infected you that forced you to kill other seeds and if you didn't it would drain your own life force. The plus is you become extreme powerfull but you are also a monster and nobody will take that chance to be around you.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • CersusCersus Posts: 45 Seed
    That would be very interesting like a experiement gone wrong, magic that you didn't understand is now going agianst you. Or be some mutated hermit in a forest with magic that has changed him.
    2.jpg
  • LiamLiam Posts: 69
    Man, I have been gone for a really long time lol... Are there multiplayer servers that we play on yet?
    6.jpg
  • TheRmbomoTheRmbomo Posts: 13 Seed
    Multiplayer is gone at the moment. Proving Grounds broke with the patch of Survival mode. Nerd Kingdom is working on bringing it back. And also Survival mode doesn't have multiplayer yet, so nothing right now.
    The drooling Bomo. A strange character that knows a little Japanese.
    I am also on YouTube under the same name, and do mostly game-related videos, some TUG, some not, and some animations that look like
    Minecraft.
    The Resource Overseer for the XE.
    Ok so I was looking about in the editor looking for mistakes in our post but then I realized that the timer has expired for new elections. My first thought was to just reset that entire thing and continue which I am now doing. I now realize that I do have the power to do this now but we need something like a constitution. So I now officially start the creation of the "insert name here". First thing someone needs to come up with a name. Any suggestions? Second thing everyone can post here not just members of the XE. Rules nothing in the original post can be changed with out the acceptance of 3 of the council members. Other items can just be accepted by me. So without further ado.
    a1i938.jpg
    Well than that was disappointing....
    Lol
    So for now I will just keep everything the same a guess.
    a1i938.jpg
    Oh dang lol I totally forgot ok names for constitutions GO !!!

*Blue seal passage
    *The Constitution of seedling rights
    *The Tribunal scroll
    * The Xander Carta
    * Holy skull scrolls
    *Xanderain code
    *libertas Natio

Here are some names I meant to add this a long time ago but must of forgot now just wondering what will be in the constitution?
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    I love the first one.

2ntwaxh.png

edit: Well I was thinking that if anyone had any additions or changes to make to the way things work for us at the moment then they could say so. We (XPG) could decide if that change is ok. Ohh and this is open to everyone not just members (citizens) of the Xandertopian Empire.

Name Poll:
    http://goo.gl/cV2Aq8
    a1i938.jpg
  • FlyingDebrisFlyingDebris Posts: 45 Seed
    Hey guys!

Nice setup, I like you already.

Assuming any of my men from the DFN/DFMC/NFD decide to buy TUG, and we successfully get the 10-20 or so people needed to actually be relevant, would you like to secure an alliance of sorts?
    Happy hunting~
    I would like to have a alliance most certainly with your groups what kinds of terms are you thinking? Also how does every one else feel about this I think it could be vary beneficial for us both. :D
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Someone attacks you we provide backup and declare war on them, and perhaps some sort of free trade once MP is up? Also, should you ever wish to join the spacefaring races and try StarMade, we can provide technical, physical, and tactical assistance.
    Happy hunting~
    I like this it sounds like it could be a fun alliance but. With you aiding us in war actions I as the military general would like to say that if we are ever attacked I do not want your faction to be sucked into the war unless you your selves are attacked. So if in any case are empire is attacked all I would ask is for your faction to defend are lands while we deal with the attackers. Also we will follow what ever rules you have for us if say your empire is attacked. Of course as two separate factions if something displeases one of us we should both be able to disobey but be open to suggestions you got me Fly. :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • ValidifyedValidifyed Posts: 612 Seed
    Wouldent that fall under a Defensive pact and trade agreement technically, rather then ally?
    I am most definitely willing to set up some sort of agreement. We are lagging behind in users atm. If we were to come to some sort of agreement I would most definitely be willing to do so. Before we consider some sort of full alliance perhaps we should start with some sort of major trade and military agreement. Protection and money would be mutually beneficial to both of us as well as building favor. We would love to have an alliance with you soon especially with your members making you an large group. We would also be willing to form some sort of merger. Since you seem to be the messenger for this group you would have a seat on our counsel. PS: that game does look interesting so I may take a look into it. Also even if your friends don't want to buy TUG at the moment they can still join this forum and build status.
    Hopefully, Lord Alexander
    a1i938.jpg
    It was made a priority to boost recruitment by branching out to other games, I happened to find TUG, and I liked it. Also, I do like the sound of a merger, as the more people, the merrier. I'll begin the vote, see what comes up.
    Happy hunting~
    Yeah I think it should be rather easy to convince your friends into checking out TUG just show them all the potential and how far we have come. :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Ok so as for the merger we would accept three members from your group including you, to be on the council, (once your vote is completed). We can discus the rest when your vote is completed.
    a1i938.jpg
    Posted an agreement with the "Plague Cartel" Im going to let you guys know in the future when I post agreements and such. :)
    a1i938.jpg
  • CogCog Posts: 110 Seed
    Now when we get closer to Christmas, could there be a sort of Santa Claus but just Xander Claus instead? xD