Naturam Universitatis

unholystagepresenceunholystagepresence REGISTERED Posts: 16
Naturam Universitatis

“The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.”
― Anaïs Nin

Naturam Universitatis is a university focusing on botany and zoology within the world of TUG. Our goals are to gain knowledge of the various plants and creatures in our world and knowledge of their uses to Seeds everywhere.

Members of the Council of Deans
1) Unholystagepresence
2) Unheld
3) Unheld
4) Unheld
5) Unheld

List of Members
1) jon14uk
2) cocorj07

College of Zoology
Focus is on the living animals and creatures of TUG. Tracking movement and habitats, as well as possible domestication experiments all fall under this college.

Members of the C.o.Z
1) Unholystagepresence

College of Botany
Focus is on the living plant matter of TUG. Recording of biomes of origin, growing rates, as well as possible medicinal and military uses fall under this college.

Members of the C.o.B

Sponsors/Alliances
Confederacy of Public Conformity

Future Projects
Campus (including facilities and dorms)
Botanical Gardens
Zoo

Comments

• jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    I would like to join the university i am assuming the university doesn't share a faction alliance. For the pursuit of knowledge its nice to know that there is a group wanting to study the fluffy animals within TUG and the new plants we have been seeing in the teaser pics. :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • unholystagepresenceunholystagepresence REGISTERED Posts: 16
    You are certainly welcome to join, Jon! I'll add you to the list of members.

And yes, this was my particular interest. XD
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    This could be interesting, like the more physical opposite to Ars Arcanus.
    5.jpg
  • mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 REGISTERED Posts: 171
    Greetings unholystagepresence, I am Lord Alexander from the Confederacy of Public conformity (CoPC). I see that you have already met Jon14 (Military Imperator of the CoPC). I would like to offer you and your group the shelter and sponsor of the CoPC. You will be funded generously and will have land granted to you to do with what you please. In payment we only ask that you also send us a copy of all of your research. Your group will be added to the list of allied groups on our page.
    So with that I bid you farewell,
    a1i938.jpg
    Naturam Universitatis would be happy to accept the sponsorship of the CoPC.
  • EmperorRampageEmperorRampage REGISTERED Posts: 16 Seed
    edited March 2014
    (._. This... This is awesome. And nuts.)

I'm curious, when you mean the "..knowledge of their uses to Seeds everywhere." I assume you are meaning all forms of usage. Combat purposes and Medicinal uses, for example. Also, Will Golem's be included in your area of expertise??

(EDIT: Geh, my html is rusty...)
    Yes, you are correct. As for golems...if we had enough interest to form a third college specifically focusing on golems, certainly it could be added.

...Now that I think about it, gotta add lists for the seperate colleges.
  • cocorj07cocorj07 REGISTERED Posts: 4 Podling
    I would like to join! I think this is a great idea :)
    Welcome, coco!
    lol this is going to be awesome i hope they add breeding of animals and plants because i am going to make a garden of carnivores plants lol
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    Well, carnivorous plants do not need to be part animal to be carnivorous. Although, hybrids between the two would be interesting to create.
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
    lol i misspoke what i meant was being able to breed animals with one another and make plants like hybrid plants or just grow them like farming plant on plant lol is what i am saying.
    :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    I know that was a stretch goal on the Kickstarter, but I can't remember...was that goal ever reached?
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    The only goal that has been officially stated as being reached was advanced alchemy.

Also, Hello! I'm a council member from the already mentioned Ars Arcanus and I welcome you and your university to the Academic world of TUG! Ars Arcanus is the premier guild/College devoted to the understanding and teaching of the Magic/magicks or TUG and I do hope that in the spirit of education and knowledge we can work together and share information in a mutually beneficial fashion.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    alchemy's description on kickstarter
    a47411e17bf1ea96ee19e004a8ce5a02_large.jpeg?1369859329
    edit: actually, it appears all of them come with it, so here's all of the planned kickstarter stretch goals.
    although i should add, they did say that they "redid" the stretch goals order as some took more work to create than others, and wouldn't really add to the game without previous systems which wouldn't really be in place at the time.
    *runs away drinking a potion before it fermented*
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
    Certainly we'd benefit from the studies of Ars Arcanus. We'd be happy to trade information.

Thanks for the update, Rin!
    Does anybody have anything else they think the guild should focus on, future building plans or other big project?
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    You've got a good set up organisation wise, I think it might be good to start discussing your plans for your guild in depth, and/or what is potentially already known. That or how you'd like to physically set up your guild.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    where should we have the college in a forest or on cliffs facing the ocean what about in a city.
    I think we need a large zoo built with good sized bios for the critters and we need a large green house we could have friendly animals live in parts of the green house we would need sections cut off for monsters and dangerous plants.
    But where would you wont to build Xandertopai main city would work or we could build it someplace secluded.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Sorry for the downtime, life and all that jazz.

Certainly someplace with a lot of open land, so pretty far out from a city one way or another. Near enough to an ocean to study ocean lifeforms would be good, if we have that ability.

I'd say keeping the zoo and greenhouses apart from one another and apart from the main buildings/dorms, but within walking distance of their specific buildings. Perhaps one to the north and one to the south?
    Hey unholy we should start archiving the plants in tug
    and the biomes they are commonly found in we should also name each plant as a vote like what we will refer it to in game

. we have glow corn
    .apples
    .coconuts
    .pumpkins
    .cantaloupe
    what should we name the two different berries there is a red kind and a blue kind
    any names for the new plants what about the giant trees.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Sorry for the downtime again. The game was so buggy for me that it wouldn't even let me get past the title screen until this most recent update. At least now I can finally craft things.

I agree that we should start cataloging everything. Perhaps in a Guild Google Doc? We could also hold votes there or here. Unless anyone else has a better idea on how we can all keep in contact and archive our findings.

Would anyone happen to be interested in setting up a server, creative or otherwise, so that we can begin getting an idea as to how the university itself should take shape? Or to collectively start researching on?
    I think we should meet on tugville serves and maybe make a university in the style we would want for the real on also we could go on a hunt to catalog every plant and there characteristics , what they are good for at the moment. we should also note they are subject to change but i am sure a lot of the plants will be in after beta .
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Put everything under spoilers because there's a lot of text to read at once.

Skype and Google Docs
    Alright, I have started up a Skype group for the guild for general contacting purposes. I have also started up a Google Doc for us to document what we are actually able to make note of. My own researching is going to be stunted due to problems with the game, but I've already started up on some. I'll PM the link to all members.

If anyone has any issues with how the google doc is organized or things that are added/not added, please talk to me. Minor organization issues (fonts, sizing, ect.) you're allowed to edit on your own without consulting me.

To join the Skype group, add me: Sam the Squirrel

TUGVille.com
    The TUGVille server sounds like a good place to work on building ideas. Once they update, I'll see if I myself can connect, and we'll try to work out some times/areas for working.

Plant Naming
    Anyways, we have some plant species to name! Currently, we have:

Melon Plant (and the melons themselves)
    Brown Tree Sapling (Hardwood)
    Red Mushroom
    Pink Flower
    White Flower

We also need to decide if those two flower species are the same or different before we can name them. I'll give a week for suggestions for names, and then a poll for each of them to decide on the official NU name for the plant. They can stay the game-name, but they don't need to.

Here are my suggestions:

Nanamelon (and Nanamelon Plant)
    Hardwood Tree Sapling (and Hardwood Tree)
    Glow Spore (for the Red Mushroom)
    Pink/White Flower (Suggesting that they're the same species; combined name Spider Flower)

NU Logo!
    So, I think it's about time that we have our own logo. Anyone have design skills and are willing to donate one to the guild? PM me or post in the thread/Skype group.
    kk sounds good
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    name sounds quite similar to my old urbem naturae, found at the bottom of the last page in social organization :P
    well, not quite so similar but still, don't judge me
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.