LORE -- TUG Lore in a Minute!

spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
edited April 2015 in Lore & Theories


Came how expecting just a new set of runes BUT HOLY CRAP.
«13

Comments

  • SigilSigil REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 678 Developer
    Well this is very forthcoming with the lore. I wasn't expecting that.

    So the Zerahei ARE seeds, but more specifically they are the OLD seeds. Any reference to the Zerahei in runes should undoubtedly be the ones depicted in the past.

    Except. That's not the case. The second Rune stone shows a seed with a hand gem. So the either it was carved by a 3rd generation seed or it was prophetic.

    This makes me wonder about the second gen seeds now. Is this just a nod to early character designs or will these precursors play a role?
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    Maybe the blue floating seed in the picture of the twelve is a second gen seed? He does have a Buddhist look about him, maybe they are using the story of enlightenment? This would explain why no mask.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    Ok so this helped a bit, and I think it's fantastic that TUG has spread this far while we're still in Pre-Alpha/Alpheta. Does the Tug Runes/Runes of Tug have this kind of summarization on the first page? I haven't checked in a while.
    The Machine is on....

    6.jpg

    otViQlH.png
  • Hane_DarskapHane_Darskap REGISTERED Posts: 40
    edited March 2014
    "Forgotten rituals to gain favor with powerful beings."

    Well this could show that deities exist in TUG (apparently one of those deities might be Shrek). If not deities some form of really powerful beings out there that have some connection to Seedkind.

    Also

    2 different breeds of seeds? Could there be even more than 2? Plus, the (first?) Seeds called themselves Zerahei. What is our breed called? 0.o
    18.jpg
    2.jpg
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    "Forgotten rituals to gain favor with powerful beings."

    Well this could show that deities exist in TUG. If not deities some form of really powerful beings out there beyond the understanding of Seedkind.
    We have know this for awhile. Look at the god speculation thread.
    Ok so this helped a bit, and I think it's fantastic that TUG has spread this far while we're still in Pre-Alpha/Alpheta. Does the Tug Runes/Runes of Tug have this kind of summarization on the first page? I haven't checked in a while.

    We had no idea of any of the information that was in the video. Everything we do have was from runes which we still don't fully understand.
  • Hane_DarskapHane_Darskap REGISTERED Posts: 40
    spacedot wrote:
    We have know this for awhile. Look at the god speculation thread.

    Oops, my bad. Been out of the loop.
    18.jpg
    2.jpg
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    spacedot wrote:
    We had no idea of any of the information that was in the video. Everything we do have was from runes which we still don't fully understand.

    [strike]oh, so they might have just cobbled stuff together from the microsite and dev pictures? That or Merylisk got in touch with them?[/strike]

    It seems NK has maybe endorsed this? Tumblr

    Also: Facebook
    The Machine is on....

    6.jpg

    otViQlH.png
  • meryliskmerylisk REGISTERED Posts: 21 Developer
    Yeah, I was consulted in the creation of this video. Glad you guys like it!
    2 different breeds of seeds? Could there be even more than 2? Plus, the (first?) Seeds called themselves Zerahei. What is our breed called? 0.o
    The language you guys have been decoding is the language of the ancient Zerahei. So, "Zerahei" was just their word for "Seeds."

    The new breed of Seeds (you guys) have yet to name themselves. :P
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    I NAME US THE ETERNIANS BECAUSE I CAN AND JUST DID AND THAT'S THAT!
    The Machine is on....

    6.jpg

    otViQlH.png
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    I like ETERNIANS also; on the world of ETERNUS. :)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    YES! THIS! So much this!
    The Machine is on....

    6.jpg

    otViQlH.png
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    edited March 2014
    I NAME US THE ETERNIANS BECAUSE I CAN AND JUST DID AND THAT'S THAT!

    I know its offtopic but someone suggested the world itself be named eternas (i don't think i spelled it right) after the engine and i thought that it was a great name. Eternians can be the players on that sever. But there will be at least two severs since adventure/survival so what do you name the other one?
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    spacedot wrote:
    I NAME US THE ETERNIANS BECAUSE I CAN AND JUST DID AND THAT'S THAT!

    I know its offtopic but someone suggested the world itself be named eternas (i don't think i spelled it right)engine and i thought that it was a great name.

    I think that might have been me as well.....
    spacedot wrote:
    Eternians can be the players on that sever. But there will be at least two severs since adventure/survival so what do you name the other one?
    Eternus could be the name of the planet (or prime plane if we do planes of existence) lore-wise, and the Adventure and Survival Servers could be Adventuras and Survivatas..?
    The Machine is on....

    6.jpg

    otViQlH.png
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    spacedot wrote:
    I NAME US THE ETERNIANS BECAUSE I CAN AND JUST DID AND THAT'S THAT!

    I know its offtopic but someone suggested the world itself be named eternas (i don't think i spelled it right)engine and i thought that it was a great name.

    I think that might have been me as well.....
    spacedot wrote:
    Eternians can be the players on that sever. But there will be at least two severs since adventure/survival so what do you name the other one?
    Eternus could be the name of the planet (or prime plane if we do planes of existence) lore-wise, and the Adventure and Survival Servers could be Adventuras and Survivatas..?

    Make a discussion topic then? I thought eternas for adventure since you want die and essential be eternal and nulles for survival because the rules are nullified. Nulles doesn't sounds a good so hopefully someone comes up with something better.
  • meryliskmerylisk REGISTERED Posts: 21 Developer
    I don't want to limit you guys so I definitely won't stop you if those are the names you like!

    But just so you know, "Eternus" is already a word that refers to something specific in the game's lore (hence why we named the engine that!) so things might get a bit confusing if you do decide to go that route.

    But once again... it's purely your call!
  • Hane_DarskapHane_Darskap REGISTERED Posts: 40
    Why Eternians? The whole public should decide this matter. Either by a vote or probably in-game warfare.
    18.jpg
    2.jpg
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    merylisk wrote:
    I don't want to limit you guys so I definitely won't stop you if those are the names you like!

    But just so you know, "Eternus" is already a word that refers to something specific in the game's lore (hence why we named the engine that!) so things might get a bit confusing if you do decide to go that route.

    But once again... it's purely your call!

    141.gif
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    My sentiments exactly Spacedot.
    The Machine is on....

    6.jpg

    otViQlH.png
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    things just got intresting 8-)
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    Perhaps we should make a speculation thread wherein we discuss the renaming of the world? I assume we won't keep the old name.
    ea15zq.jpg

    "Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    Perhaps we should make a speculation thread wherein we discuss the renaming of the world? I assume we won't keep the old name.

    That seems like more of a suggestion. Speculation would be speculating about what they called eternas already.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    merylisk wrote:
    But just so you know, "Eternus" is already a word that refers to something specific in the game's lore (hence why we named the engine that!) so things might get a bit confusing if you do decide to go that route.

    I'm only going with Eternus exactly because it's what the game engine is called, the game engine is what MAKES the world.............. Wait...........

    Hmmmm......... If the engine is what "creates" the world around us.... and the engine is named after this thing.....could it be possible this thing is the higher entity that made both Generations of Seeds? The Eternus?
    spacedot wrote:
    Perhaps we should make a speculation thread wherein we discuss the renaming of the world? I assume we won't keep the old name.

    That seems like more of a suggestion. Speculation would be speculating about what they called eternas already.

    Damnit, now I have to start over.
    The Machine is on....

    6.jpg

    otViQlH.png
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    spacedot wrote:
    Perhaps we should make a speculation thread wherein we discuss the renaming of the world? I assume we won't keep the old name.

    That seems like more of a suggestion. Speculation would be speculating about what they called eternas already.

    I still think it belongs in the speculation thread since it's more of a discussion among ourselves rather than suggestions for the devs.
    ea15zq.jpg

    "Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    spacedot wrote:
    Perhaps we should make a speculation thread wherein we discuss the renaming of the world? I assume we won't keep the old name.

    That seems like more of a suggestion. Speculation would be speculating about what they called eternas already.

    I still think it belongs in the speculation thread since it's more of a discussion among ourselves rather than suggestions for the devs.

    I disagree because we would be suggesting what to name the severs. If they were already named then we would be speculating.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    The point is moot because the discussion thread is here, in the Suggestions thread.
    The Machine is on....

    6.jpg

    otViQlH.png
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I'm so PROUD of how much stuff have I triggered to happen with my world name idea!
    C:
    (apparently one of those deities might be Shrek)
    "Shreck is love, shreck is life".
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    I NOMINATE POTATO-PEOPLE AS THE NAME.
    5.jpg
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    I second that motion lol
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I'll third it then.
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    by this unofficial decree of 4 players in TUG, the third generation of seeds shall be known as mr and ms potato-head!
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.